Can someone explain this to me ? have you all been drafted yet ?

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by jack404, Oct 31, 2010.

1. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

http://www.thomas.gov/cgi-bin/query/z?c111:H.R.5741:

111th CONGRESS
    2d Session

H. R. 5741
    To require all persons in the United States between the ages of 18 and 42 to perform national service, either as a member of the uniformed services or in civilian service in furtherance of the national defense and homeland security, to authorize the induction of persons in the uniformed services during wartime to meet end-strength requirements of the uniformed services, and for other purposes.

IN THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES
    July 15, 2010

Mr. RANGEL introduced the following bill; which was referred to the Committee on Armed Services
  2. Marlin T

Marlin T Active Member

Now we have a great place for those whom must serve.

3. hogger129

hogger129 Active Member

They were trying to do something like a draft awhile ago where everybody had to perform so and so amount of service. I don't think it ever went through though.

I know once you're 18, you have to register for the Selective Service Act.

I don't think I would volunteer for the military. If there was a draft and my number was selected, I'd do as I was asked.
  4. RunningOnMT

RunningOnMT New Member

I wish I was under 42 so I could burn my draft card. The whole thing is absurd.
  5. whymememe

whymememe Former Guest

Jack, anyone can be called into service, the walking wounded will be called last. I'm not
    signing up for B.S. and I damned sure not recruiting. If an enemy comes to my area of the country I'll put them down. In service or not. We just go back to frontier law. I aint scared.
  6. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

Same here mate , in fact the sooner it starts the better

better me fighting than my grand kids , though the oldest one just graduated from .22 lr to .223 last weekend and in a few weeks we'll go some 7.62 short ..
  7. HunterAlpha1

HunterAlpha1 Former Guest

i wouldn't mind serving in the military... IF they reinstated DADT, or out and out made queers and other deviants illegal in the military.

it's funny, that at almost this time last century that many American young men were being imprisoned for refusing to fight because they believed killing was wrong or they were afraid. but here i am, unafraid to die for my country(theoretically, anyway;)), and more than willing to kill some evil sonsabitches, but i won't join the military because of their lack of morals:mad:

odd, the difference that one century can make :(
  8. fuzebox40

fuzebox40 Active Member

Now I'm confuzed, do they want us to have guns or not!:bleh:
  9. HunterAlpha1

HunterAlpha1 Former Guest

in the military you only have a weapon when authorized, and can only use it for the authorized purpose and when you are authorized to do so, and self defense is not generally an authorized purpose. also, personal weapons are forbidden on most military bases.
  10. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    Isn't the Supreme Court to hold a hearing on the Health Care Bill, I believe this month? If it is thrown out as un-constitutional, then it's all gone. If not, we are in deep trouble! Still, I think that everyone in America should have to serve at least two years in the military. Instill a little National pride in our young folks.
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2011
  11. raven818

raven818 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

The court is going to hold the hearing in March. Supposed to have a response in July. My bet, it'll pass. If any judge leaves before then, it's a no brain'er.