The Firearms Forum banner

CAN SOMEONE HELP ME FIND THE VALUE OF MY GUN?

6K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  RJay 
#1 ·
I was wondering if anyone could give me any information on the "fabico gun company". I can't find anything on it except it was located in germany. I have a fabico 22 cal.revolver and I am trying to find out the estimated value of this gun. I know it is a model 3, but I can't find any guns to compare it to. It was bought in 1968. It was imported from west Germany. It is a nine shot double action revolver with a 2 1/2" barrel. It has what appears to be a viking or some other type of mythological head on the left side of the gun. It also seems to have some kind of egyptian looking symbols on it in three different spots. Any help on this will greatly appreciated. THANKS,, KELLY

#2 · (Edited)
Fabico Gun Co., well I'm pretty sure that was the importer. The winged Viking head :). Try a German warriors head, Arminius. He was the German clan leader who ambushed an entire Roman Legion and killed them down to the last man. He's rather a German folk hero. With the Arminius trade mark and the fact you said it was marked Model 3, I would say the facts point to it being a Hermann Weihrauch Arminius Model 3 or HWM 3. { somewhere on the pistol you will find the letters HWM } The strange markings are probably proof markings. Not really a high class gun, inexpensively made for export to the states. Some what better than a Rohm RG-10 but still no prize. The Standard Catalog of Firearms gives it a value of a $100 in excellent condition. The best you are going to do on age is the late 50's to 1968 when these cast metal guns were banned from import. Hope that helps. A Viking head, well I guess old Arminius does look like a Viking with that horned hat, I wonder what position he plays:)

#4 · (Edited)
More info, Fabico was a import company out of Jacksonville Fl. 1950's early 60's. Operated by a F.W. Bowers. No longer in business. Imported Knives, guns and whatever from Italy and Germany. Now you know the maker and model of your revolver and the importer:)By the way, Thanks for the thanks. It is very nice when some one takes the time to say Thank You.:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.