The Firearms Forum banner

Can someone help me id this one?

1K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Inimicus 
#1 ·
Ive been over this with a fine tooth comb and the only markings I can find are the stamped "F" and "S" on the safety and a number 2 on the left side of the forward sight.

Sorry the pics are a bit fuzzy, camera phone...

Thanks for any help.

See less See more
#4 · (Edited)
We had some spooks working out of Ban Me Thout in RVN that carried a couple of these. Their's were unmarked also. I know we inserted them into some very strange places. Places where our aircraft markings had to be painted over, and all Crew ID's, US Army patches , ect: were taken away before the flight. That scared the hell out of me more that the places we flew into. But when you're 22 years old, you don't have the good sense not to volunteern for stupid things. Lets just say that after fourty years I still have bad dreams. Not so much anymore.

#6 ·
Man you guys are great.

Thanks so much.
As you can see its been a little neglected so the first trick is just going to be getting the barrel nut off. Ive got it sitting on the workbench with a generous shot of WD40. Fortunately the action is smooth and all parts that should move do so easily so I'm holding out some hope that I can get it back in good working order.

Thanks to you guys, at least I have a good starting place.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.