Can u tell me ?

Discussion in 'Curio & Relics Forum' started by cointoss2, Mar 3, 2003.

1. cointoss2

cointoss2 Guest

ibtrukn
    V.I.P. Member
    (8/7/01 9:31:18 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del All Can u tell me ?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Had a fone conversation the other day with a fellow who said he had an Acer-Fondi (Fundi?) Said it was antique 6 shot revolver, lanyard ring, blue barrel and frame with a chrome? trigger and one side opened up an it was jeweled inside. Has anybody ever seen or heard of these and what it may be worth?any and all info appreciated appreciated, thanx
    i think maybe french or austrian military??

Spanish Cruffler
    (8/7/01 10:54:37 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Can u tell me ?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I have a Liege Acier Garante Modele 1912 Brevet 25ACP pistol. This pistol has Spanish Eibar region proof marks, and Belgian smokeless powder proofs. I believe the Liege Acier was a proofing clearing house in Belgium for imported arms, and maybe Belgian produced arms also. I would hazard a guess that the pistol in question is a piece proofed through the Belgian system - other than that, I don't know.

ibtrukn
    V.I.P. Member
    (8/7/01 7:46:23 pm)
    Ok SC thats a start. now that you spell it Acier it stirs the cobwebs abitwill keep trying THANX

AntiqueDr
    (8/7/01 8:26:40 pm)
    "Acier" is simply the French word for "steel."

Any other markings? So far, it sounds like a Lebel... except for the jeweling part...

We Buy Guns! 1 - 100, Antique or Modern!
    www.apaxenterprises.com

ibtrukn
    V.I.P. Member
    (8/8/01 10:59:59 am)
    Doc, thanx, but that is all i know about it. this info was all over the fone. he thot it might be a salesmans' sample? Lebel i have heard of, could you put a ballpark valuation on it.?
    Doc, i sent you an email aweek agoto an address that had covad? in it . did you receive it?

AntiqueDr
    (8/8/01 11:51:09 am)
    Yes, I did. I thought I had replied to all of them... Covad is possibly the absolute crappiest ISP, but I am forced to use them to maintain my DSL connection.

We Buy Guns! 1 - 100, Antique or Modern!
    www.apaxenterprises.com