Can we PLEASE tar and feather Dan Rather?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 1952Sniper, Sep 15, 2004.

1. 1952Sniper

1952Sniper New Member

From http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/09/15/bush.guard.memos/index.html :

I would like you to pay special attention to the way they dismissed document experts as only playing a "peripheral role", while relying on hearsay for their real evidence. This is classic liberal methodology. Ignore facts and scientific evidence, while relying on hearsay and emotion.

I also get a kick out of how they call Bush a "son of privelege". While defending John Kerry, nonetheless! Read Kerry's biography and see if you think he wasn't a son of privelege as well.
  2. Gunfyter

Gunfyter New Member

Hopefully, just after the election, we will read of Mr. Blather's impending retirement. After this, I don't know if I'll ever be able to watch 60 Minutes and not feel I'm being lied to
  3. rosierita

rosierita New Member

:confused: you mean you actually watch 60 minutes?? :D

dan rather is a freakin moron. :rolleyes: i hope he covers a couple more "stories" like this before the election. bt him & kerry himself... one day soon kerry's campaign will receive a death blow.

oh & did ya know, the sbvt are releasing another video either thurs. or friday! :D i cant wait! :D
  4. Gunfyter

Gunfyter New Member

I didn't know about the upcoming video, but I sure am anxious to see it. Anything that will discredit Kerry and Rather is ok by me.
  5. 1952Sniper

1952Sniper New Member

I think it's time for Dan Rather to head down to Mobile, Alabama, and strap himself to another tree for Hurricane Ivan.
  6. danurve

danurve New Member

Remember dan rather the Saddam sympathizer
  7. 358 winchester

358 winchester *TFF Admin Staff*

Y'all keep him up north where he came from we don't want him, not even to dispose of him ;)
  8. Marlin

Marlin *TFF Admin Staff Chief Counselor*

Keep him da hell away from us down here in de soudt!!!!!

We dun want dat ilk hare....

He dun't even diserv dis - - -

Attached Files:

9. inplanotx

inplanotx New Member

Yup, keep that damn yankee where he belongs. Send him to Joisey with Jimmy Hoffa!
  10. ibtrukn

ibtrukn New Member

ja heer MaRushie today about wot happen wots happening an wots gonna happen at the Klinton newas netwerk? LMAO!!! :cool:

an wilkya stop movin the &%$ smilies aroun, IB getin dizzier :cool:
  11. rescue2553

rescue2553 New Member

I would much rather see John Kerry Tar & feather`ed than Dan Rather.
  12. muley

muley New Member

I would have gladly supplied the feathers, but my son put all my pheasants in the freezer while I was in the hospital. Oh well, he would have looked to good in pheasant pheathers anyway........ :eek: :eek: Buzzard or crow feathers would be more like it............. :mad: :mad:

muley
  13. danurve

danurve New Member

I think labeling him as a Yankee is insulting to anyone who don't want him up north either. Being the communist thjat he is, naturaly he'll flock to any state with liberals that are willing to listen.
    [​IMG]
  14. Icon-oclast

Icon-oclast New Member

Isn't rather originally from TX? No offense to the good folks of that state, BTW. Everyone has the occasional black sheep in the extended family.

People, please remember this is *not* something new on 60 Minutes. About 20 years ago, perhaps more, rather and Ed Bradley took a camera crew through a big gun show, following some kid as he tried to make a series of illegal purchases. When they couldn't sting anyone, they put together a feature akin to a Michael Moore Lie-a-thon in which they made it appear that it was a festering bed of illegal arms brokers. Then some time in the 90s, they did that hatchet job on Chevy trucks, alleging that those with a second gas tank behind the cab would explode if hit in an accident - with video to prove it. Except they had to put some explosive / incendiary materials in the area in order to make it happen. Or was that the Clinton News Network? Doesn't matter, really, the only one worth a pee hole in the snow (Yankee expression - I'll explain the concept of "snow" to you rebs if you don't get it :D ) is Fox.
  15. 1952Sniper

1952Sniper New Member

Yes, Dan Rather is from Texas. Houston, I believe.

But I think he was a good reporter at one time. Moving out of Texas is what screwed him up. He got all involved in them YANKEE politics.
  16. Icon-oclast

Icon-oclast New Member

1952, NY is no more "Yankee" than San Diego "Southern" . . . .

"Yankee" is applicable only to those who are residents of New England, frugal and mind their own business. The breed is virtually extinct in the lower three states of the region and threatened by the influx of DAMN yankees (more commonly known locally by variations on four letter words preceding the terms "squatters" or "flatlanders") up here. Residents of other areas north of the Mason-Dixon are "Northerners" - some of them pretty decent folks, but definitely not "Yankees" in the proper use of the word. And Blather is no more a "Yankee" than he is a Texan - purely an accident of residence in both cases. You insult me, sir, by using this term to characterize him.

I suspect we *can* agree on "POS" as a proper (and diplomatically mild!) term to describe him, though? ;) :D
  17. Marlin

Marlin *TFF Admin Staff Chief Counselor*

POS is the minimal STARTING place...............

and - -

on that note, were I the "S" in that phrase, I'd be highly insulted and mad as hell!
  18. wuzzagrunt

wuzzagrunt New Member

If Dan Rather heard y'all callin' him a Yankee, he'd be madder'n a one eyed possum at a polecat convention--or some other equally pithy, downhome non sequitur. Dan Rather has been an habitual liar his whole life, from lying about his Marine Corps service, to his 1988 story on war criminal VN vets with PTSD, to today and his forged memos.

Bill Clinton ain't no Yankee, neither! So there!
  19. TrinityScrimshaw

TrinityScrimshaw New Member

I am sad to say this but it is true. Dan Rather is from Houston Texas. He got is start in local news there in the late 50's. No one there likes him ether, and we Houstonians will gladly claim Bush as a Native Son, then Dan. NY City can keep the sorry bastard.

Trinity +++
  20. Remington597

Remington597 Former Guest

Dan Rather's list of UnAmerican activities is beyond lengthy. He is a devoted subversive and a communist. This is just the first time he's actually gotten caught. Michael Savage did an extensive interview with document experts who examined the documents. They also concluded that they were counterfeit based on font utilized, margin spacing, improper usage of military date structure, etc,etc,.
    This is nothing new. Communists have been forging documents for decades. Dan Rather learned from the very best operatives.