Can you help me ID this gun?

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by PamWiaczek@aol.com, Dec 21, 2010.

1. PamWiaczek@aol.com

PamWiaczek@aol.com New Member

Hi,

My father-n-law (age 86) has this old gun that belonged to his father. He thinks his dad got it about 70-80 years ago, but he is not certain.

It has the following markings say US Revolver Company, serial number 83076. It's a 5 shot with the latch at the top and no hammer.

Can you help me try and determine when it was made? A photo is attached.

Thanks, Pam

Attached Files:

2. b.goforth

b.goforth New Member

this is a small frame 32 S&W "u.s. revolver co. automatic hammerless" model (top break).
    serial number 83076 (no letter code) = 1915

there was another serial number series that had an B letter code prefix but it stopped at B41900 in 1935

U.S. REVOLVER CO. AUTOMATIC HAMMERLESS ----------------1910-1935
    LARGE FRAME AND SMALL FRAME DOES NOT HAVE HAMMER THE HAMMER ACTION; Brand name revolver manufactured by Iver Johnson’s Arms & Cycle Works for the wholesale trade. This revolver does not have Hammer the Hammer action, but it does have a rebounding hammer that the hammer version does not. Blue or nickel finishes were offered. Offered in two frame sizes and two calibers only. Standard barrel length: small frame 3 inches, large frame 3 ¼ inches; Calibers: small frame .32 centerfire with 5 rounds cylinder capacity, large frame .38 centerfire with 5 rounds cylinder capacity; Weight: small frame with 3 inch barrel 12 ½ ounces, large frame with 3 ¼ inch barrel 18 ounces; Height: small frame 3 ¾ inches, large frame 3 7/8 inches; Frame length: small frame 4 3/16 inches, large frame 5 inches: Overall length: small frame with 3 inch barrel 6 3/8 inches, large frame with 3 ¼ inch barrel 7 3/8 inches. . Main serial number location on left side of grip frame grips must be removed to see.
    VALUE: 100%=$225 60%=$105
    bill
  3. PamWiaczek@aol.com

PamWiaczek@aol.com New Member

Thanks so much for the help in providing some info on this gun. I will pass this along to my father-in-law.

Merry Christmas to you all, Pam