Can you help me identify this gun?

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by markz68, Oct 26, 2009.

1. markz68

markz68 New Member

My dad inherited a gun from his uncle, but we don't know anything about it.

On the top of the revolver it says "B. GUYOT" and "50 RUE DE LYON". There are a couple of other markings that look like a small star and a capital "G"

I found this auction with a very similar gun, but Dad's doesn't have an external hammer.

Here are pics of Dad's gun:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. woolleyworm

woolleyworm Active Member

I'm out the door on my way to Vegas, so very quickly, do some searching on Velodog and I think you'll be able to pin down a model number.
  3. hrf

hrf Well-Known Member

The ELG in oval with no crown indicates made in Belgium before 1893. B. Guyot was probably a retailer in Paris.

The "Velo-Dog" types were similar but took a longer cartridge. Your gun is probably chambered for the European .320 revolver cartridge.
  4. 22WRF

22WRF Well-Known Member

Even though it has the name of a French maker the proof on the cyl is Belgian
  5. TRAP55

TRAP55 New Member

Mark, I gave you some good info and links on mauser central.
  6. markz68

markz68 New Member

Great, thanks!