Can you help me??

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by TEPEE1, Jan 26, 2012.

1. TEPEE1

TEPEE1 New Member

I have a H&R 38 cal 5 shot revolver that i think is a black powder cartridge gun.
    it has a very nice brown finish and is in very nice shape.
    the ser# is under the top strap and is B459XX , and there is no cal markings on the barrel. I would like any information that you can give me.
    I have shot competition and hunted with black powder for over 35 years and would like to play with this little pistol if you think it would be safe. I don't think it has been shot very much as it is very tight and smooth and the bore is excellent with no pitting or sign of ware.
    what cases would be best to use and how many grains of black powder would it use and i would assume I would use 4f right?
    Thank you very much for your help!

Attached Files:

2. Goody

Goody Member

2f would develop less power, and would be my choice.
  3. TEPEE1

TEPEE1 New Member

thank you for your input, BUT 2F is shot gun powder and would never build enough power in this short of a barrel