Can you sell reloads

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by Darkman, Nov 12, 2009.

1. Darkman

Darkman New Member

I have just open a gun shop and have a 01 I want to know if you can sell reloaded ammo and exchange brass
  2. gandog56

gandog56 Member

I believe that takes a separate Federal License if you are the one making the reloads. If you are just reselling someone else's, he probably needs the license.
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2009
  3. woolleyworm

woolleyworm Active Member

4. Terry_P

Terry_P New Member

If you have a good lawyer and a lot of money then you can consider it otherwise no reloaded ammo. Brass and hulls are a step removed as someone has to reload and I would see if there is a demand for it before doing it. The problem with reloading right now is getting the supplies and the price increases that are happening. It will be frustrating and may take more of your time than you can afford to give it with a new business. Your call.
  5. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

I agree with Terry P. Sell the crap outta the brass and the bullets, Heck heres an Idea, Put together 100 rd reloading handy packs. each pack containing 100 pcs of fired brass, 100 primers, and 100 bullets. dies, presses, and powder sold separately. oh yeah and put a cute little "some assembly required" sticker on the bag;) Most starting reloaders would be thrilled to have some of the guess work done for them...
  6. reloader4

reloader4 New Member

I agree with JLA. That is a neat idea.
  7. TheGunClinger

TheGunClinger Well-Known Member Supporting Member

So's Johns.
  8. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    Sell the components only (Brass, Lead, Primers, and Powder),let the shooter do the assembly work. Saves you the labor, and the lawsuits that go along with any venture that might injure someone.
  9. bizy

bizy New Member

Do you have a website or catalog? I am always in the market for most gun related supplies..
  10. wixedmords

wixedmords New Member

You would have to be a licensed manufacturer.

You might be able to teach some classes and sell reloading tools and supplies.

If you do go the classes route, or anything similar, I would only show someone on your own press and cases/rounds. The more hands off their stuff the better. You need to keep an eye out for liability at all times.