cant decide figured you guys could help,thanx!

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by coker6423, Aug 15, 2012.

1. coker6423

coker6423 New Member

I want to get either a Sig mosquito, kahr cw9, keltec pmr-30( if I could find one), a NAA pug or a Sig p250in full size 9mm ...Idk which one to get...and it will be used for most anything, including defense and I don't want this to be a caliber arguement because I FIRST HAND can argue when I had my first Sig mosquito that a .22 works just as well for defense. Please help with my bouncing back and forth thank you!
  2. jce07a

jce07a New Member

if you're ok with trusting a .22 for self defense then go for it. you can go practice all day cheaper than any other caliber
  3. mintaka

mintaka New Member

I CAN ARGUE FIRST HAND that a broom handle works fine for SD, but given a choice I'd rather have a baseball bat...if you have an open mind, I can tell you I'm very very happy with my sr9c ruger and my bersa 9mm...for what its worth they are under $400 and have been great...
  4. Blackshirts

Blackshirts Active Member

I am not so much distrusting of a .22 being capable of providing adequate self defense as I am the ammo actually firing when the trigger is pulled. Too many times have I heard nothing but a click at the range.
  5. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    While I would really like to have the keltec pmr-30, I have to agree with Blackshirts. If the gun is to play any kind of SD roll then center fire is the best bet. Still, that .22mag is a real fireball!
  6. Helix_FR

Helix_FR New Member

Go with the 250. 9mm is still cheap enough to shoot. The Keltec PMR is cool but unpractical for carry. The grip frame is rather large and likes to stick out. Sig Mosquitos are ammo specific and not that reliable. Don't even get me started on Kahr.
  7. jedwil

jedwil Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Seems an odd list of choices to achieve your goal. Kinda like listing a bicycle, moped, Honda 50, and big Harley and asking about the best all round. Just sayin'. I'd go for the Sig to do it all..........
  8. Old Guy

Old Guy Member

That is a rather wide range of guns. However, from that list I would go with the Sig 250 for a house gun and range gun.
  9. Deacon_Man

Deacon_Man Member

Buy what you can afford to buy. Also buy what you can afford to buy ammo for so you can have a lot of range time. Opinions are like a$$ holes, everyone has one and they all stink.
  10. RJay

RJay Well-Known Member

I once read something posted on one of the gun forums and after laughing I reflected on the truth of the matter. " choosing a personal firearm is like picking your nose, everyone should do their own work ":D
  11. 2000ShadowACE

2000ShadowACE Member

I agree totally. this week I went to the range and shot up 500 Winchester .22 rounds and about 10-15% failed to fire the first time. I had the same problem in three different guns so I am pretty sure it was the ammo.:mad:
  12. therewolf

therewolf New Member

I just keep hearing bad things about the Sig Mosquito...

I've always bought quality, and never regretted it afterward.

You may saddle yourself with a gun you hate,

and can't sell...
  13. 25yretcoastie

25yretcoastie Member

I have a pmr-30 and it was very stiff when I first got it. After 500 rds its great buy cci or other name brand ammo and it should be fine.
  14. CCHolderinMaine

CCHolderinMaine Well-Known Member

I'll always choose the Sig.
  15. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

Out of the list you put up, I would also go with the Sig P250. It is a very good gun and as accurate as a striker fired pistol can be. I have three of them, actually 2 1/2 of them (I change the 9mm to .40S&W and back with the xchange kit), and I have a .45 ACP.
  16. Sig Willy

Sig Willy Member

Sig P250 because you can change calibers. :)