Cant Do it Back is too bad.

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by hjsmith00843, Jul 14, 2012.

1. hjsmith00843

hjsmith00843 Member

Tried to reload but my back and shoulder will not allow me to.

I have to sell everything with the exception of the press that was given to me here. i was given a brand new lee turret 4 hole press with safety primer, and the disk safety powder system, 9mm dies carbon, 45 dies carbon, 38 special dies carbon, 3 boxes of barrys bullets, 250 38's 250 .40's and about 500 9mm.

Lee had press is also included.

Everything is almost new or new. Wife just got me the turret press for our anniversary last week as a surprise.

Lee powder scale, Midway tumbler and media separator, bullet remover hammer, reloading tray universal.

I will take $300 for it all shipped. It is going to go to waste. Back hurts too bad to continue. When this is sold I will be giving away a C Press and a few odd and ends things to someone. I really enjoy doing it but i can not sit for very long at all.
  2. skullfr

skullfr New Member

sorry to hear bud.Have you tried to find a way to use some sort of hydraulic setup to work the lever.If there is a will there is a way.
  3. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

run a rod from the handle down to where your knee's are

the rod should slip over the end knob and have a stirrup for your foot

all you gotta do is put your foot in the stirrup and use your body weight

saw a little guy in cambodia doing similar as part of the loyalists

he had NO arms ( hacked off by the KR when he was a teen )

happy to work out a solution for you if you want to try
  4. hjsmith00843

hjsmith00843 Member

thought about it but i can use the $ to put towards my other hobby. Sim racing online. I hae done it for a long time and it reall is fun too. I had 6 shots in my back on Monday and I can barely stand at times. VA doctors like sticking me with all kinds of needles. They want to fuse some bones togahter in the lower part of my neck.
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2012
  5. 312shooter

312shooter Active Member

Very sorry to hear this, I fully understand the difficulties that you face with back issues. I have to load progressive and in brief sessions before my thorasic gets to me, also I am in the midst of selling my large caliber rifles, the recoil is too much for my damaged neck.

Back pain is a league of its own, being that it stems from the core, and is nonstop, often times the mental effects are overwhelming. The good news is science is making strides in the relief of back issues. I hope the VA treats you well.
  6. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear hj. Prayers for your recovery.

Im gonna make a couple of phonecalls right quick. I bet I can get your equipment sold for you.
  7. gun-nut

gun-nut Member

Sorry to here bud. Work me up a price on the barrys bullets. I will buy them from ya!
  8. BlackEagle

BlackEagle Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Really sorry to hear about your back, hj. Hope you can find a way to get it fixed, and soon.

Prayers from here, too.
  9. Mike1959

Mike1959 New Member

private message sent sir. hope you feel better
  10. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

I feel for you, I completely understand. I have had a spinal fusion and I have steel rods and screws holding my lower back together and that made it worse, now after 12 epidural shots and an electronic nero stimulator planted in my back, I still cant function very well most days with the back and leg pain. They are always wanting to do more surgery, but I dont have much faith in that. Good luck to you. I honestly know how you feel. Good news is that upper spine work is much more successful than lower and takes alot less time to heal.
  11. Mike1959

Mike1959 New Member

i had a spinal fusion done 15 years ago and i thank God every day that it worked. i still remember the constant suffering i went through and i would not wish it on anyone. I guess i am one of the lucky ones as i havent had any problems yet to speak of. my thoughts and prayers are with anyone who suffers from back troubles.
  12. 1LoneWolf75

1LoneWolf75 Member

Sorry to hear hj hope you find somethin that works.