can't remove the barrel

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by gohokie, Sep 13, 2009.

1. gohokie

gohokie New Member

I bought Model 870™ Express® Synthetic 7-Round (81100) a week ago.I tried to clean the shotgun but I failed. I can remove the magazine extension tube and magazine cap. But I can't remove the barrel after that. I saw some videos in youtube, it looks so easy to remove the barrel after you unscrew the magazine cap.

any help or suggestion will be highly appreciated!

Should I send the gun to repair service?

Thanks
  2. johnlives4christ

johnlives4christ Former Guest

make sure the bolt isn't all the way in battery IE: where it is when you fire the gun.

slide the forend back about half way, but not all the way and then your barrel should come out. if it doesnt, give it a light smack with a rubber mallet on each side, would probably be just a tad tight from being new.
  3. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

john's got it. Unlock the bolt and move it back a little. Should come right out.
  4. gohokie

gohokie New Member

thanks

I can finally remove the barrel but I have a problem when I put it back. I tried to align the Jector cut on the rear of the barrel with the ejector in the receiver. I tried my best to push the barrel but there is still a gap between the ejector and ejector cut. The gap is shown in the picture. is this gap acceptable?

thanks

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 13, 2009