Cant seem to find in books

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by Frank M, Apr 7, 2006.

1. Frank M

Frank M New Member

I have a browning 9mm high power hand gun I bought in the mid 80's and it has gold plated trim,trigger,hammer,clip rease button,bottom plate on clip, and slide lock.Was made in belgium.was wondering what this gun might go for.
  2. RJay

RJay Well-Known Member

Frank, I've searched 3 reference books and I can not find your Browning. I have one with silver controls ( it is purty) but I had this done myself. Did you buy it NIB?
  3. Xracer

Xracer *TFF Admin Staff Mediator*

Hi Frank.....welcome to TFF. :)

There were several Models of the Hi-Power that had various gold trim & finishes.....so I'll need some questions answered.

1) What is the overall finish. Blue? Silver Grey?

2) Does it have any engraving? Please describe.

3) What kind of grips does it have?

4) Ring or spur hammer?

5) Overall condition? % of original finish left?
  4. Frank M

Frank M New Member

Hi, The overall finish is blue
    The only engraving I see is browning arms company
    made in belgium
    The grips are wood grain
    and i'm not sure what you mean by ring or spur hammer.
    I attached a couple picture I hope it worked
  5. stash247

stash247 New Member

Frank, the serial number would give a lot of leverage, to definition, even without pics; In general terms, a functional, Belgium Hi-Power, 2 mags, at 80% or better remaining finish, would get a $350-400 offer, cash, from me, here in s/c Texas.
    I like the pistol, and do not buy, generally, to re-sell, so my price may be above the commercial buyer's level; without actually seeing the gun, I will tell you these are minimum values;with a s/n, to research, and some pics, the situation can only get better!
    I bought an FN Hi-Power, at a gun show, 4 years ago, for $325, because that's what the seller wanted; thing that caught my eye, was the screw in barrel bushing, which said "Armand Swenson" to me, in quotes!
    The grips were Pachmayer, over an applied backstrap, to accomodate the (After Swenson) Seecamp Double action conversion; one of two, I understand, they ever did.
    What's this one worth?
    My point is, lots of us will help you determine the value of your pistol, if you offer enough information; without which, like you, we are only guessing!
    Welcome to TFF; the pics did NOT work!
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2006