car commercials

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by cycloneman, Aug 17, 2009.

1. cycloneman

cycloneman Well-Known Member

I spent all weekend on a boat. I listened to the local radio stations. I could not believe all the commercials encouraging people to get on cars.gov to get details on the govt giveaway. Have I missed something? Did they change the licensing agreement to view the site? I just can't believe people would get on this website after all that has been said. What is the deal? Why are the dealers pushing this?
  2. kingchip

kingchip New Member

As I understand, some of the WH sites cratered or were shut down over the weekend. Kinda like buying something with a warranty and then the business going under.(Circuit City).
  3. glocknut

glocknut New Member

For the love of a dollar bill...

mike
    gn
  4. 358 winchester

358 winchester *TFF Admin Staff*

Mike nailed it
    just how much to you trust your cousins ? the guy next door? or down the street?
    When it comes to getting your share are you willing to let it pass by for the honor of being an American Or will you grab yours while you can and the heck with the others?
    Y'all can have my share I wouldn't take a dime from our government ( it is just coming from my friends pockets) I didn't earn with hard work!!!!!
  5. 358 winchester

I am sorry that was a little harsh I don't blame the working man for using the program because he needs all the help he can get this day and age. I just get mad at the abuse of some of the government programs and the increase in our taxes while some people pay nothing in and get twice back what the rest get.
  6. artabr

artabr New Member

From what I understand, the govment :rolleyes: is stiffing the dealers by withholding payment.

Art
  7. 358 winchester

Art is there something there that surprise you any time the government gets involved in paying our bills some one is going to get the shaft while others will get twice what they should. If the truth was to come out in another ten years it would be something like this.

June 2 2019
    87% of all money spent on the CASH FOR CLUNKERS program in 2009 went to GM so that the government could show a profit for their car company . AFTER THE STOCK BOUNCED BACK THE GOVERNMENT SOLD OFF ENOUGH TO PAY BACK THE TREASURY DEPARTMENT. Then once again the stock took a nose dive because no one was buying cars they already had new ones. All of which cause another huge drop in the stock market. The United States of Obama has stated that it was all George Bush's fault and he would need to remain in office for ten more years to correct this problem.
  8. artabr

artabr New Member

Sounds 'bout right. :rolleyes: :mad:

Art