Caracal 9mm "C"

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by justsomeguy, Aug 30, 2012.

1. justsomeguy

justsomeguy New Member

Has anyone had any time with one of these units?
  2. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

No but I have been curious about them since they seem to be priced right.
  3. Slabsides

Slabsides Member

Yes. We have had a few at the shop and kept one as a range rental. Very Glock-like with some Styer mixed in and what feels like a little lighter trigger. Very good shooter. The quick sights seem odd at first look but they are just that....quick sights. Hold it at low ready and throw it up on target and bam....it's right there. Hard to explain, you just have to try it yourself.

Over all, a fine gun IMO. I would not trade a Glock for one but I would take one over an XD.
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2012
  4. Helix_FR

Helix_FR New Member

Yeah we got a couple of them too. They feel good but I never bothered shooting one. Guess I should give it a try some day.
  5. jeffadaklin

jeffadaklin New Member

I've seen two magazine reviews, both were really positive. One article was really pleased with the sights, like slabsides said. Accurate and reliable were the other terms I remember. Of course those mag reviews only shoot a few hundred rounds at most, that doesn't convince me- prefer 5-600 before I rely on one.
  6. Slabsides

Slabsides Member

I would say our range rental has easily exceeded 1000 rds with no issues. It's getting a good workout. I'll keep an eye on it and report issues if any.
  7. jedwil

jedwil Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Are they manufactured in the UAE? Seems I heard that.
  8. justsomeguy

justsomeguy New Member

Yes they are made in Abu Dhabi. Iam a FFL i get that constant question of what is a good pistol for my wife or girfreind? From what ive heard these are very female freindly low recoil priced well and good ergonomics. I ordered one and i am gonna put it through its paces.