1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Cardboard Boxes From Viet Nam ...

Discussion in 'VMBB General Discussion' started by SixTGunr, Oct 6, 2004.

1. SixTGunr

SixTGunr New Member

Happened to be with a friend the other day at a local furniture store up in Joplin Missouri. Went up there to help him pick up a box spring and mattress he had purchased. After he had checked in with the store personnel I drove my truck around back and eased up to the loading dock.

Just so happens there was a semi tractor trailer next to us and several employees were unloading various items from the trailer and placing them about the dock area. My friend and I were standin' outside waiting for the employee to bring us the items we were there to get when I happend to spot a bunch of cardboard boxes that were stacked and being unloaded from the trailer.

Something on the boxes really caught my eye when I spotted the words Viet Nam ...

Matter of fact it said "Made In Viet Nam" .... WOW! :eek:

Stopped one of the fellas there that was unloading and I asked him if he would'nt mind telling me what was in the boxes that were marked Made In Viet Nam ...

Come to find out they were various tables .... As in end tables and cocktail tables ...

He went on to tell me that about 40 % of what they receive from there is usually busted to bupkus .....

Not sure whether it is poorly made or not packaged well or possibly even a combination of both ... Sure is one heck of a long journey however ...

Been a long long long time since I was there and I would imagine that as time marched on they have gotten somewhat industrious in some areas there but it was really wild to see boxes that had come from a place where I had once ventured so many moons ago ...

Six
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2004
  2. Hope 69/70

Hope 69/70 New Member

Six, I have seen mens shirts with a Made In Vietnam label. Also, I have seen pottery with the same label. I agree, it does give you a strange feeling.

Hope
  3. SixTGunr

SixTGunr New Member

It did indeed give me a few goose bumps ...

One of these days I will wander on back there and see what the finished products look like as I am sure thay have some on the floor for display purposes ...

Oughtta be interesting ... :rolleyes:

Have a good one!

Six
  4. berto64

berto64 Active Member

Sorry folks,

Just can't bring myself to buy crap with that label. Even after 30 plus years I just can't do it.