Carrier laws in CA

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ranger-1, Feb 12, 2010.

1. Ranger-1

Ranger-1 New Member

I am a manager for an auto recycling business in CA and I have to open and close, We have some crazy looking people on bike cycles riding around after we close and before I lock up, I have my handgun ready in my waste ban, I have been approached many times when locking up by people looking for parts or transients looking for a smoke, I try not to be rude but some times I just don't want to be bothered, I leave my house with it locked up in my trunk in a backpack and the ammo is also in a different compartment locked up in the same pack, If I get pulled over for any reason an the officer ask if I am caring and weapons what do I say?
  2. rglbegl

rglbegl New Member

Yes.
    Always tell the truth to the cops.
    If your gun is unloaded and in a seperate locked case from the ammo, you are fine.

And depending on what county you live in, they just made it a little easier to get a CCW.
    Orange county gave them out like thanksgiving candy until Corona was arrested. And Riverside county just fired the whole office who kept denying CCW's. Since then a few of my friends have had theirs approved.

But if you live anywhere near San Fran, you may be screwed
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2010
  3. Ranger-1

Ranger-1 New Member

What will happen?
  4. rglbegl

rglbegl New Member

You will be removed from your car, (probably cuffed for the officers safety) and the officer will ask where the gun is located. Once they see it is legal and safe, you will be released.

California is a dont ask dont tell state, so unless they ask if you have a gun, you do not need to say anything. But if they ask, and you lie, problems will ensue
  5. Popeye

Popeye New Member

Don't do anything stupid and your odds of being pulled over decrease greatly.
  6. Silencer

Silencer Well-Known Member

If they ask if you have any 'weapons' say no. Legal definition of a 'weapon' is something a criminal uses to commit an illegal act. Now, if he asks if you have any 'firearms' well, you know...

The less you reveal to officers, the better you are. When you do reveal, never lie. If you tell them you have a firearm, they have the right to ask for it and run a check on the serial number, so don't say, "You can't have it."