Carry in National Parks

Discussion in 'Self Defense Tactics & Weapons' started by LurpyGeek, Jul 6, 2009.

1. bcj1755

bcj1755 New Member

Oh, I don't feel any gratitude to NC for "allowing" me to exercise my 2nd Amendment rights either. As for persepective on being from another state, I'm from Florida. Florida seems to have much looser gun laws than NC now.

I've not heard of that proposed bill, but it doesn't suprise me that it'll be killed. The General Assmebly and the Governor's Office are all controlled by liberals. Just take a look at the new "budget" that was passed. It's not a budget, it's nothing but tax increases, including a surcharge to be assessed when paying taxes! A TAX levied when PAYING TAXES?!!?:mad:
  2. DebS

DebS New Member

I think we agree on most bcj.

I think my frustration regarding NC denial of CHL carry rights comes from the apathy of it's residents.

Although you may not be familiar with the Castle Doctrine Bill or the Restaurant Carry bill, I am all to familiar with the players and their personal agenda's.

I have spent uncounted hours and hundreds of dollars in trying to get NC'ers to care, getting help from the NRA-ILA, GOA, NC GOP and the GRNC. Volunteering my time to try to get a movement started to just keep up with the other states allowing the most basic of 2A rights.

I got nowhere, mainly thanks to Deborah Ross, Ronnie Sutton and the NC constituents themselves. These bills have gone unheard year after year and I kid you not, I have gotten more than one response saying, 'Oh well, let's hope maybe next year it will pass.'

The House has recessed for the year. There's really nothing else that can be done for people who don't appear to care that their state has gone from a pro-gun state to an anti-gun state in a matter of a few short years. I don't intend to do any more work on this subject, c'est la vie.

If one doesn't like it, they can leave. As a matter of fact, one individual, whom I never met and had never offered any help whatsoever to improve our lot, was kind enough to suggest I 'not let the door hit me in the ass on the way out'.

I intend to take his thoughtful advice, and will be happy to do so when the time comes. :rolleyes: