Carrying In the Summer

Discussion in 'Self Defense Tactics & Weapons' started by hogger129, Sep 7, 2011.

1. hogger129

hogger129 Active Member

Hi guys. I have been practicing carrying concealed out in my yard lately to try to get used to carrying concealed when our concealed carry law takes effect after November 1, 2011. I like the 3 o'clock position about the best - carrying a full size 1911. I just got to thinking, what happens in the summer when you're not wearing so much clothing? How do you carry in the summer without printing or your weapon popping out?
  2. dbennett48

dbennett48 New Member

Hawaiian Shirts work good, if you like that type of shirt, or any other shirt that you like. Just leave it untucked.
    Dave
  3. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    I spend a lot of time during the summer months wearing Basketball shorts, and T shirts. No belt! What I use is the Smart Carry System. I
    'm wearing one in this picture, and carring a 1911A1. If I want to dress up some I'll have shorts with a belt, and use a Yaqui style holster on my hip. Conceals easily, and is easy to get to when driving. Winter ain't no problem! http://www.smartcarry.com/products.html

Attached Files:

4. PanhandlePop

PanhandlePop Member

Works for me (I prefer fishing shirts which tend to be roomy and loose) and it is always summer in FL. For IWB, I can't carry at 3:00 because it rubs my boney hip. I slide it back just far enough so it won't rub.
  5. CampingJosh

CampingJosh Well-Known Member

I carry a Keltec .380 in my front pants pocket year-round.
  6. zonie77

zonie77 New Member

Me too. It is not a quick draw place but it does come out fairly easy. Recently I went to show it to someone and they didn't even realize I had drawn it (a friend and I comparing guns).

The "mouse" guns are so small you almost forget you are carrying. My wife has asked me why I have two knives because she saw the Keltec's clip.
  7. howlnmad

howlnmad Well-Known Member

I just tuck my Beretta 92 in the waistband of my speedo. :D
  8. Carne Frio

Carne Frio Member

9. Gun Geezer

Gun Geezer Active Member

S&W Titanium 342 or Kel-Tec 3AT in left-hand front pocket. Just got a Cell-Pal and will try it with a G-30sf or Ruger LCR.357.
  10. ka64

ka64 Active Member

I have an Anaconda in my Pants...........
  11. American Leader

American Leader Active Member

Hey hogger, I carry in my pocket all the time because I find on my side uncomfortable. I'm just a little "chunky" or "short" depending on how you look at it? Main thing is you can and will be doing so. Congrats whisky!
  12. Caneman

Caneman Active Member

delete
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2011
  13. Caneman

Caneman Active Member

+1 with the Smart Carry and gym shorts...

some think it "nuts" to carry this way but just wear it at 1 o'clock to avoid the log, brush, and berries :)
  14. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    Folks ask me all the time if the Smart Carry holster gets in the way when I go to the men's room. It doesn't! Just pull it aside!
  15. The Duke

The Duke New Member

S&W 360PD .357Maggie in pocket holster or Sig 239 .40SW in pocket... Clean out the lint balls and dust bunnies once a week..:D
  16. Clipper

Clipper Member

It certainly helps if you are built like Carver, or me, but the slim guys may have some difficulty unless they wear a bit larger size shirt. Being just a bit smaller than Dumbo, I can hide most anything except a long gun....
  17. Deacon_Man

Deacon_Man Member

I wear the loose Hawaiian shirts and carry my 1911 .45acp in a hip holster. it conseals it very good. I am now starting to carry my .380 auto in a fanny pack out in the open. The fanny pack has magnet locks that make real easy to open in a hurry.
  18. jeffadaklin

jeffadaklin New Member

Ever tried the Original Bellyband? I wear shorts with a drawstring a lot, no belt, some folks like the belly band, myself included. Great to slip on and run to the store, etc. Google it, will pop right up. Think I got mine form theglockstore.
  19. 3/2 STA SS

3/2 STA SS Active Member

.32 Kel tec in the front right pocket year round in Florida. Sometimes the 642.
  20. coreyacp

coreyacp New Member

How do you like that 239? I found that mag release to be really odd