1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

carrying the bare essentials...

Discussion in 'Self Defense Tactics & Weapons' started by rnshooter, May 27, 2003.

1. rnshooter

rnshooter New Member

hello everyone, i am new to the forum and having read a lot of the threads i would like to add some bare essentials that everyone should carry with them at ALL times.

1. Weapon(of course)...you never know when you may need it to save your live or a loved ones.

2. Cell phone...these little inventions can get you out of a jam in a hurry, however, they can get you into one as well. remember, if you are driving, please pull over to use your phone. in 2000, cell phone related car deaths were more than firearm accident deaths and the number continues to rise as more people are using cell phones.

3. A good bright flashlight(surefire makes some good ones)...these babies are getting more and more popular and they can be very useful to blind an attacker if you need to.

4. a pocket knife...being a knife fighting instructor years ago, i know the importance of carrying a good pocket knife. they make knives that can be easily opened with one hand and you never know when you might need one.

5. kubaton(5" or so peice of wood for your keychain)...these babies are wonderful. not only do they work as a self defense weapon, but they make it easy for women to find their keys if they are buried in their purses.

now, just as everyone knows, when you carry any weapon you are maintaining the responsibility for yourself in case you have to use that weapon. also, just because you carry a knife or any weapon, that doesn't mean that you automatically know how to use that weapon. you must practice, practice and practice some more. however, practice doesn't make perfect...perfect practice makes perfect! i hope that this has given you some insight and i would love to read any other suggestions and comments.

be safe
    earl
  2. SouthernMoss

SouthernMoss *Admin Tech Staff*

Welcome to TFF rnshooter! Good advice, especially the emphasis on practice.

Make yourself at home, and look forward to more of your posts.

:D
  3. Zigzag2

Zigzag2 Guest

Another hearty welcome to TFF rnshooter, good advice!

Post soon and often, we're glad to have you with us.
  4. 1952Sniper

1952Sniper New Member

Another welcome to TFF, rnshooter.

I've never heard of a kubaton. Can you tell me a little bit more about what it is and how it is supposed to be used?

I would think that carrying a 5" piece of wood in my pocket would make people wonder..... :D
  5. rnshooter

rnshooter New Member

well, the kubaton is basically a slender piece of wood (or metal)that can be used to thrust an attacker. it can also be used many different ways if you are trained how to use it. it can be used to put an attacker in a wrist lock or hold and it can also be sued as just an extension to flail your keys. used the right way, it can be VERY explosive.

one time while taveling to Atlanta from Lafayette, La. i was walking through the metal detectors and buzzers started going off like crazy. well, i forgot that i had two emerson tactical knives and one spyderco on my person. i took them all out and put them in the bucket for inspection. i also put my kubaton(wooden). well, after all of my knife blades were measured i was given all of them back. however, they told me they would have to hold my kubaton because it looked too much like a club. just goes to show you how effective they can be if used properly. the other thing is, they are dirt cheap...about $5 or so. good luck and let me know if you have any other questions.

stay safe
    earl
  6. pickenup

pickenup Active Member

I am a little slooow.
    But I extend a welcome also.
  7. rnshooter

rnshooter New Member

thanks for the welcome everyone...i look forward to sharing and recieving as much info as possible.

be safe
    earl
  8. ruffitt

ruffitt *TFF Admin Staff* In Heaven Now

pickenup -

yer not the slooowest one here - looks like I git thet honor- took me a while ta git the battries on my wheel chair charged afore I could make it in here.

rnshooter -

Welcome aboard friend. Sum rite righteous info ya posted there amigo. Informative an practikal informashun that may help someone sometime down the road.

Hope to see more informative postings in the future, and hope y'all will visit the other areas of the site too.