cars of the 50's & 60's

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bruce FLinch, Nov 23, 2007.

1. Bruce FLinch

Bruce FLinch New Member

2. Nighthawk

Nighthawk New Member

Lots of memories. thanks
  3. dcd_enterprises

dcd_enterprises New Member

Thanks for the post Bruce. We've still got an operating Drive in theatre here.
  4. Bruce FLinch

Bruce FLinch New Member

Our Drive In here was closed down for 3 years & they reopened it this year. Have seen 5 of 6 close in this area in the past 20 years, never to reopen.
    Our Drive In doubles as a flea market on the weekend.
  5. Absolutely fantastic post, Bruce! I really, really enjoyed both the pictures and the music. It brought back so very many memories.
  6. berto64

berto64 Active Member

I'm a 55 Chevy guy myself but I have a 58 1/2 ton Fleetside for a Project now.

One of these daze.
  7. williamd

williamd New Member

Very neat, thanx. Yea, I miss my '49 Ford, 54 MGTF, 54 Ford and 56 Chev but would not trade my 07 XK for nay of them!

That drag strip in Carlsbad is now an industrial development ... progress??!!

Have Thunder Road with Robert Mitchum that I dig out occasionally. Along with Valdez is Coming with Burt Lancaster.

Watched Rawhide with a young CLint Eastwood, and Route 66 every Friday night as an end to a week in college classes. Could have guessed George Maharis was gay even then! Marty Milner has one wife and 4 kid as I recall .. may be a record for Follywood.
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2007
  8. Berto, I would have taken you for a '57 Chevy kinda guy. :D When I was a teen, I would have given my eye teeth for one of those. ;)
  9. noslolo

noslolo New Member

Those were some sweeeet rides! Hey Bruce we still have 2 drive ins, one is only 3.5 miles from my house, and my kids love it. I back the Explorer in, take a couple of chairs for the misses and myself and the kids sit in the tailgait that is loaded down with blankets and pillows. What a great time. No regrets moving up to PA from the maddness known only as "the peoples republic of Maryland"!