case gauge question

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by accident, Jan 16, 2012.

1. accident

accident Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I've been looking for a while for a 6.5 Rem Mag case legnth headspace gauge and I found one at Sinclair.Item #w65rg. This one says its adjustable and I'm not familiar with this.The picture shows several screws on the end of the gauge.I have been using the chamber of my gun for checking FL sized brass,so far I've had no problems,I'm wondering if this "adjustable" gauge is what I need.For you to view the gauge you'll have to go to Sinclair website and key in the item #. Sorry I don't yet know how to transfer their page to my post so you could just click on it.Still learning the computer w/out any help.Again sorry.Anyway do any of you have suggestion on this gauge? Anything you have to say would be greatly appreciated. Joe
  2. todd51

todd51 Well-Known Member

3. accident

Thanks Todd for doing that and explaining how.Maybe I'll become more computer literate in time.In 35 years of my job as a mechanic,very few computer skills were ever necessary. Joe
  4. accident

After looking at other case gauges for sale it appears that all belted magnum case gauges made by Wilson are adjustable.Maybe this is necessary since they headspace on the belt.I just don't know if this would be something that would work ok worthy of the cost. I also found neck only sizer die that I've been looking for a while for the 6.5 rem mag.They must only make them occassionaly.I better get the die while available. Thanks Joe.