Case lube

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by gun-nut, Nov 26, 2011.

1. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

I can tell you that Josh's Lee Lube/Alcohol mixture works absolutely great. I have not used any other since he gave me the recipe.
  2. gun-nut

gun-nut Member

Well i not shure if its the cases or the lube. but i dont think i like the RCBS lube-2. I used it on 38 spl in my laymans tru-line jr and the cases still liked to stick!! I had found just a little bit of the Lee's case lube and it worked much better! I still working on some home made lube. I will share that resipe when i get it perfected. It will be made out of just stuff that most everyone has in there homes.:)
  3. sting75ray

sting75ray Well-Known Member

I used to use the Lyman lube pad but after picking up a can of the Hornady One Shot I threw the pad and lube in the trash. I place all cases on a towel, spray them, wait a few seconds and then size away. Never have had any problems with stuck cases.
  4. Bindernut

Bindernut Well-Known Member

I know one guy in my hometown that used Crisco exclusively. And yes it worked just fine, no stuck cases.
    You don't want to smell rancid Crisco in your reloading room though so make sure you clean up your brass and dies afterwards though.

I'm still a fan of the Imperial Case Sizing Wax, but Hornady Unique and the Lee paste seem to work just as good and are sometimes easier for me to find locally.
    This is just my preference for case lube.