1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Case recieving v shaped dent???

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by extremepyro, May 31, 2009.

1. extremepyro

extremepyro New Member

Just got my Dillon 550 up and running. Loaded a few 380's that worked fine(first rounds I ever reloaded period actually). One thing noticed in sound was more of a snap than factory ammo.

Alright now for the subject really in question. I loaded 5 (165gn Montana gold JHP)40sw and tried those out. In the magazine I loaded 3 factory and 5 of my reloaded just get a feel of recoil change. They were very accurate, more so than the factory, Seemed to have the same recoil as factory(155 flat nose). Looking at several load data I came up with 5.8 grains of Universal and use cci 500 primer finished out to 1.124 COL. This load is causing a v shaped dent in the case, at the mouth. I've seen this berfore from picking up brass after state police has shot.
    I'm using a Glock 23

[​IMG]
    Last edited: May 31, 2009
  2. woolleyworm

woolleyworm Active Member

Appears to me to be nothing more than a dent that occured upon extraction. No Glock smile, so you're probably ok, I'd be curious to see what the primer looks like on those 165gr loads. The first thing I always check for after I single fire a new load, is to check the case and primer for any signs of over-pressures. I never load a new recipe with anything but ONE round in the mag until I've got at least 5 down range. Good Luck and Keep it Safe !