Caspian High Capacity frame

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by Woodnut, Apr 15, 2012.

1. Woodnut

Woodnut Forum Sponsor Supporting Member

I was wondering if anyone would have the information to help me ?

Does the Caspian High Capacity frame use the standard 1911 grip panels, or is there a difference. If there is a difference, then what is the reason they won't fit.

I thought they were the same. But I know the Para Double Stack is very different and the grips are definitely different. But I don't think that the Caspain HC is a double. Just a lack of knowledge on my part and I can't seem to find the answer on the web.

Help.
  2. Helix_FR

Helix_FR New Member

Carl to my recolection the caspian hi capacity frame uses its own grip panels. There are no relief cuts for the mag release and they are not as wide at the base.
  3. H-D

H-D Active Member

I know a guy with one, he said everything about it is different than a regular single stack or hi cap frame, different mags, mag release, grip safety, grips, mainspring housing, his is 1st generation though, the newer ones may be different , probably best to call caspian
  4. Woodnut

Woodnut Forum Sponsor Supporting Member

Thanks Guys.