1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Castle doctrine

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by Double D, Apr 13, 2012.

1. Cuba

Cuba New Member

Cigars any one.
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2012
  2. Cuba

Cuba New Member

Yea, I got every bit of it, more sugar please. I think that the 911 recordings from the residents indicate that Zimmerman was getting his a$$ kicked while screaming like a bitch, it is safe to assum that he feared losing the gun and being shot himself, thats my assessment and I'm sticking to it.
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2012
  3. Ed~

Ed~ New Member

Ha ha ha ha! That was a good one, Terry! -From Left Field, I laughed my ass off when I read this.
  4. Caneman

Caneman Active Member

curious on how the law defines the "aggressor"... is this the first person to make physical contact? or the person who "started" the verbal confrontation? it will be interesting to see how the court decides this... i have always thought that the first person to make physical contact is the aggressor, and at that point the other person has a right to defend themselves...
  5. Ed~

Ed~ New Member

Alpo, you are right. I wasn't there.

In fact I now feel any further comments I make on this case does a disservice to both Zimmerman and Martin. My sincere feelings are that of sadness for this shooting. Martin was just a kid, stupid and troubled as many of us were at that age, but still just a kid. Zimmerman was in college studying to become a police officer when this shooting occurred.

The whole thing just sucks. It shouldn't have happened. I just feel sad for all of it.
  6. raven818

raven818 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I so hope my jury, should I ever have a need, is capable of understanding the difference between the Castle Doctrine / Stand Your Ground and Self Defense, and utilize that knowledge in determining my guilt or innocence. Otherwise, I'm screwed.

To bad a guy like Joe Friday isn't still around, or at least the memory of him. He had one interest and one interest only...just the facts, Mam..Just the facts. Nothing else mattered to him, just the facts.

The right to be judged by your peers. That's soooo scary. Peers? My scariest nightmare would begin by watching my jury of peers being selected from a pool filled to the brim by folks who, through media access, have already determined they know more than anybody else knows, and will convince everybody else to convict me.

If I'm found not guilty, I already know it wont make any difference, because my g-man will leave his/her office, stop by Home Depot, pick up three nails, a couple pieces of wood, and come after me.

A screaming public worked a couple thousand years ago, why would anyone believe anythings changed since then. Ask anyone. Everybody has an opinion. If you say you'll have to wait and see, well, your peers will have an opinion about that too.
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2012
  7. norahc

norahc Active Member

An hour's drive from the nearest McDonald's
    You can still be the aggressor and qualify for SYG defense if you look at 776.041(2b).
    Given what has been reported in the Martin-Zimmerman case, I'm beginning to wonder if this is what happened. How's this for a scenario: Zimmerman approached Martin (and would be deemed the aggressor), but then tried to break contact and couldn't because Martin wouldn't let him.

I guess we'll have to wait and see what the jury decides.
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2012
  8. raven818

raven818 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Neither Stand Your Ground or The Castle Doctrine apply. If it went down as Zimmerman and the two on-site witnesses say it did, his attorney will say it was Self Defense.