Cat Litter Cake

Discussion in 'Ruffit's Domestic & Wild Game Cooking/ Recipe Foru' started by TRAP55, Dec 14, 2004.

1. TRAP55

TRAP55 New Member

This is the answer for those of you who have trouble deciding what to take to a pot luck - CAT LITTER CAKE RECIPE - this is an actual recipe!

CAT LITTER CAKE RECIPE

A sure fire hit for the next family get together or BDay party

WANT TO HAVE FUN AT A PARTY? PREPARE THIS RECIPE AND WATCH YOUR FRIENDS FACES !! *NOTE: THIS CAKE CONTAINS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING THAT IS NOT EDIBLE!!*

On a recent visit to our veterinarian to get shots for our cat I found this recipe on the waiting room bulletin board. After recovering from hysterical laughter, I obtained a copy from the office staff so that my wife could make it, which she refused to do. I took it to work and gave the recipe to a lady at work who loves cats. The pictures below show the results of her work, which looks like S# !+ but it's actually quite tasty, so I decided to pass it along.

CAKE INGREDIENTS
    1 box spice or German chocolate cake mix
    1 box of white cake mix
    1 package white sandwich cookies
    1 large package vanilla instant pudding mix
    A few drops green food coloring

12 small Tootsie Rolls or equivalent

SERVING "DISHES AND UTENSILS"
    1 NEW cat-litter box
    1 NEW cat-litter box liner

1 NEW pooper scooper

Prepare and bake cake mixes, according to directions, in any size pan.
    Prepare pudding and chill.
    Crumble cookies in small batches in blender or food processor.
    Add a few drops of green food coloring to 1 cup of cookie crumbs.

Mix with a fork or shake in a jar. Set aside.

When cakes are at room temperature, crumble them into a large bowl. Toss with half of the remaining cookie crumbs and enough pudding to make the mixture moist but not soggy. Place liner in litter box and pour in mixture.

Unwrap 3 Tootsie Rolls and heat in a microwave until soft and pliable. Shape the blunt ends into slightly curved points. Repeat with three more rolls. Bury the rolls decoratively in the cake mixture. Sprinkle remaining white cookie crumbs over the mixture, then scatter green crumbs lightly over top.

Heat 5 more Tootsie Rolls until almost melted. Scrape them on top of the
    cake and sprinkle with crumbs from the litter box. Heat the remaining
    Tootsie Roll until pliable and hang it over the edge of the box. Place box on a sheet of newspaper and serve with scooper.

Enjoy!
  2. SouthernMoss

SouthernMoss *Admin Tech Staff*

I've actually had one of these! We used to draw names at work each year and bring a cake on the birthday of the person whose name we drew. The person who drew my name one year, knowing of my love for cats, decided it was the perfect birthday cake for me!

I wish I had a picture of "my" kitty litter cake, but here's one I swiped from the 'net.

Attached Files:

3. inplanotx

inplanotx New Member

I just.........................

Don't Think So.....

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
  4. TRAP55

TRAP55 New Member

My mom makes a Dirt Cake in a plastic flower pot, complete with gummy worms coming up out of the "dirt"! The grandkids love it!
  5. Crpdeth

Crpdeth New Member

LOL, I love it Trap...I look forward to tring it. :D

Crpdeth
  6. geezler

geezler New Member

My wife wants to make this for the grand kids just to see what their expressions would be. LOL!
  7. Neil

Neil New Member

Awww it's so much fun. we gave one away as a gag gift for a cake walk, it was so awesome. lots of laughs had by all. :p
  8. Crpdeth

Crpdeth New Member

Well almost 11 months later, but I made one Trap55. :D

Thanks for the recipe...

It was more work than I thought it would be, but well worth it...I'll serve it to a group of friends tomorrow after lunch, I think It actually turned out a little better than the pic depicts.

Crpdeth

Attached Files:

9. tom vito

tom vito New Member

Gee, I needed to take something for the work Thanksgiving party, can anyone guess what I will be making? :p
  10. TRAP55

TRAP55 New Member

Crpdeth, How did it go, what was the reaction, and was there any left over? :D :D :D
  11. Crpdeth

Crpdeth New Member

Trap, there is one gal in particular who is always picking at me so I left the cake hidden untill after we ate, then had someone set a piece of newspaper in front of her and brought it and set it down under her nose...

Her expression was hilarious, her jaw just dropped. :D

Yes there were left overs that I sent home with her and she just now e-mailed me asking for the recipie. :p

Crpdeth
  12. TRAP55

TRAP55 New Member

:D :D :D :D :D Thats great! I'll have to get the "Dirt Cake" recipe from my mom and post it. She makes it in a plastic flower pot, the grandkids love it with the gummi worms coming out of the "dirt"! :D
  13. Crpdeth

Crpdeth New Member

Hey, Post it up then...Sounds great.

I'm not a cake eater unless it's Red Velvet, but I enjoy cooking things like this for friends.

Crpdeth