Cavim ammo

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by lead, Dec 14, 2005.

1. lead

lead Active Member

A couple years ago there was alot of 38spl. on the market from Cavim, which I think is from Venuzuela(sp). It came in green boxes. I bought some, put it up and forgot about it. This year I've been shooting it and really like it. It's about gone now and I was wondering if anyone knows if the stuff is still available anywhere, or was it just a limited supply that has dried up. Thanks.
  2. inplanotx

inplanotx New Member

You are correct about the ammo coming from Venezuela. I did a google search using "cavim ammunition" and all it came up with was discussions on other boards. Not one discussion had anything good to say about Cavim ammo. Use the search at the bottom of the page.

IPT
  3. kcoop9999

kcoop9999 New Member

:eek: Not one discussion had anything good to say about Cavim ammo.
    I can't say about the .38 Spl, but I bought several hundred rounds of 7.62x51(NATO) in the mid to late 90's (Early 80's Prod.) and found it to be excellent ammo. Good brass, Accurate, and every round fired. Wish I could find more again! :D
  4. ken p.

ken p. New Member

I have shot cavim ammo in my M1A and it shot great for me. I still have about 800 rounds left and would not hesitate to shot it at all, I liked it and no FTE FTF or any problems what so ever with it
  5. Ursus

Ursus Active Member

Last edited: May 13, 2007
  6. Airedale78

Airedale78 New Member

I have shot hundreds of rounds of Cavim and have had no problems. I would like to find more since the price of 7.62x51 has skyrocketed, but I do save my brass. I find it reasonably accurate for the 100 yd range I visit, and a good round to shoot to familiarize myself with the quirks of my AR10. If you find more, than lucky you, but the most I usually see at the gun shows is India Nato and I have heard bad things about it (haven't had a problem with it either).
  7. inplanotx

inplanotx New Member

Well, seems all of you who answered talked about the 7.62x51 NATO round. However, the original question was about the .38 Special NOT the NATO round. Do a google search like I did and maybe you will find out a little more information than you really think you do! :rolleyes: Also, the original question was asked in 2005, go figure. :eek: