CBC 22 LR

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by jim summers, Dec 14, 2010.

1. jim summers

jim summers Active Member

I reside in southern Indiana, you can almost step
    Tell me what a CBC 22 LR is and how it compares with the Nylon 66 made by Remington or are they one in the same?
  2. grcsat

grcsat Active Member

Hi, the CBC 22lr is a copy of the Rem Nylon Model 66.
    As far as I know Rem didn't market the 66 as a cbc or vise versa.

However there was a company call CBC Brazil which made a Rem 66 look a like.

They also made copys of the Rem single shot shotgun.

Sorry can't remember anymore.
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2010
  3. old semperfi

old semperfi New Member

i live in southern indiana,old country boy at hear
    they were a nnylon 66 knock off.there is no collector value in them and quality?not really sure.i do know i have told a number of people that they did not have a remington and they were very upset. old semperfi
  4. jim summers

I posted this on the 22 rimfire forum but so far no one as took a stab at answering the question.

So here it is on the OTF. Is the CBC 22 LR which is made by a Brazllian company and were licensed to make the Nylon 66 the same rifle as the Remington Nylon 66.

Is it inferior to, equal to, or better than the Remington(which i doubt) does anyone own one and if so what can you tell me about it.
  5. oscarmayer

oscarmayer New Member

After Remington discontinued the Model 66, a Brazilian firm called C.B.C. bought the rights to the design and Remington's production machinery and revived the Nylon 66 for almost six years. The Brazilian copy was first imported by Kassnar and called the Kassnar Nylon 66 from 1988 to 1990. Magtech then took over C.B.C.'s Nylon 66 clone importation from 1991 to 1994 as the MT-66. The gun is now out of production. But given the fact it was made on Remington machinery and built to the original specs, I'd say the parts must be interchangable. I've no experience with any CBC firearms but i know their ammo line is of good quality
  6. jim summers

Thank you for responding to my question, i have the opportunity to
    purchase one for $150.00

My sister who lives in Arkansas sent me some pics and the rifle looks to be in very good condition, her boyfriend is going to put a
    few rounds thru it to see how well it shoots and if i like what he says about it i am going to go ahead an get it.

Thanks again
  7. oscarmayer

oscarmayer New Member

150 seems like a good price and not much of a gamble the nylon 66 has been made by the tons, parts are easily found in the event you need to replace something
  8. jim summers

I had a Remington 66 back in my younger days but didn't know what i had until i got rid of it and then it was to late to appreciate what i had. I am not a collector of weapons so it is not for that purpose that i want it, i just loved how the Remington 66 shot, and if this CBC shoots as good then i will be well pleased,
  9. kiesewetter

kiesewetter New Member

how do you date a cbc 66nylon
  10. devin j

devin j New Member

the cbc 22 is an exact copy of the rem66. ive owned a rem66 cleaned it and cared for it. i currently own the cbc 22 copy and they share the exact same internals and features, and for the guy asking it shoots like a dream. i have no complaints, cbc was just trying to make a good rifle live again.