1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

CBC Ammo?

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by Mr_Shamrock, Jul 26, 2012.

1. Mr_Shamrock

Mr_Shamrock New Member

When I bought the Taurus .45 from my neighbor he threw in a big bag of ammo and I was going through it tonight. It has quite a few rounds that say CBC .45 Auto +P. I never heard of this. Any experience? They have one of the deepest hollow points I have seen.
  2. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

CBC = Companhia Brasileira de Cartuchos, Avenida Industrial No 3330, Santo Andre, Estado de Sâo Paulo, Brazil (ca'1997: Av Humberto de Compos 3220, 09400 000 Ribeirao Pires SP, Brazil)

Never seen any myself!
  3. woolleyworm

woolleyworm Active Member

Cbc is Magtech. Good stuff and good for reloading too
  4. LDBennett

LDBennett Well-Known Member

Mr_Shamrock:

My experience with CBC is different than others here.

I bought some 50 BMG brass. I reloaded it only to find out the brass was outside the minimum wall thickness. There ended up being zero neck tension and the crimp was the only thing holding the bullet in. I investigated this with the die manufacturer thinking it was his die but after submitting some dimension to him he said the case wall thickness was outside of USA specification. Besides his die worked fine with good old USA Lake City brass. I had to throw the whole lot of brass away. The last cartridge I want to short cut is 50BMG!! Everything must be right for absolute safety.

Since you basically go the CBC stuff for free, throwing it away is actually no loss to you . That is exactly what I'd do!

LDBennett
  5. Mr_Shamrock

Mr_Shamrock New Member

Man that figures, just when I thought I got a deal on some ammo. Coming from this guy it doesn't surprise me. When he handed me the ammo bag he told me there was some law enforcement rounds that civilians weren't supposed to have in there. I kind of gave him the Oh OK response. This was right after he told me the plastic "Uncle Mike's" holster strap adjuster that somehow came in the box had something to do with changing the barrel on the gun to make it a different caliber and that he spent over an hour cleaning the pistol. Well I just smiled and brought the gun inside, threw the Uncle Mikes adjuster in a box my other ones, and tore the gun down for a cleaning. It was filthy by the way. It cleaned up real nice and is a very decent shooter so that's all that matters. Thanks for the answers and advice!