CBS Firings

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by toolmaniam, Jan 11, 2005.

1. toolmaniam

toolmaniam New Member

Hear about the firings at CBS over the lie about Bush's military record. They said Dan Rather wouldn't be fired because he retires in March. I say too bad and fire ole Danny boy because he knew exactly what he was doing.
  2. geezler

geezler New Member

They gonna be booting 4 of them. They ain't counting Rather cause he is going to retire in March. If i was Bush i would sue CBS and all the monkeys that perped all this crap!

JMHO!
  3. dheffley

dheffley New Member

Too little, too late as far as I'm concerned. I'm through with CBS and sent them a letter when this all happened sayin just that. The only reason they did anything was because the public turned on them. Dan Rather appologized to the public, but he never appologized to the man he slandered. A real classless act! :mad:
  4. Texas_Shooter

Texas_Shooter New Member

I agree. Whether Rather thought the info was correct or not, he did not verify any of the story and he also ignored people who countered the story. He wanted to believe it so much that he rushed to air it and made the statement "I know this story is true..." CBS has absolutely zero credibility with the public now. And to break this story without full verification of the facts so close to election time harbors on being a crime.
  5. HerbyJr

HerbyJr New Member

Rather used to be my favorite out of the three big network anchors. I really can't stand Jennings and Brochaw. They just come across as pompass to me. I liked Dan despite his obvious left slant, because he was entertaining and he let some of his Texas roots out to be seen every now and then. When this thing hit, I wrote letters too. Now, I am done with CBS as long as Rather is there.

H.
  6. Rugster

Rugster New Member

I heard they were going to fire 4-5 but Im with you guys I could care less they have zero credibility with me.And what if this lie had of caused the Election go the other way then what?Alot of patriots would note vote for someone who Rather disclosed this false info on.Makes me not want to believe any of the things I hear on the news.
  7. Marlin

Marlin *TFF Admin Staff Chief Counselor*

Note that the report blatantly clears Rather, saying he had nothing to do with it......

Guess the President of CBS News was lying in September when he said Rather had full knowledge and had approved it as truth.
  8. 1952Sniper

1952Sniper New Member

So they lied about Bush's records, then they lied to cover it up, and now they're lying about who knew what.

And they accuse Bush of lying?????????
  9. pickenup

pickenup Active Member

Did you also hear them say that it was NOT politically motivated.

About fell over laughing when they said that.
    It is amazing what they think they can spoon feed the public.
  10. Salvage33

Salvage33 New Member

Shreveport, LA why leave the USA to visit a 3rd wo
    Heard all of it here and there...but the question that still burns inside me is if the media was so intent on Bush's ANG record, why weren't they five feet up Kerry's colon about him NOT signing DD Form 180 if they weren't biased?
    Hmmmmmm????

John
  11. texshooter

texshooter New Member

Hope old communist dan stays in new york. he would not be welcomed in Texas, even if he wanted to come back...
  12. HerbyJr

HerbyJr New Member

Rush really summed up all the Rather crap quite nicely today if you heard him. Too much to go into here, but I'm sure you could find it on his site if you wanted to.

H.
  13. stash247

stash247 New Member

Actually,Texshooter, he might be welcomed, in an old fashioned way. Several, where I live, have tar kettles and lots of chickens, close at hand.
    Why don't you invite him, and I'll do the party???