CBS News: Documents: ATF used "Fast and Furious" to make the case for gun regulations

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by coachwill, Dec 8, 2011.

1. coachwill

coachwill Forum Sponsor

2. jlloyd73

jlloyd73 New Member

Re: CBS News: Documents: ATF used "Fast and Furious" to make the case for gun regulat

The Dems are just going to point fingers and say that it all started under "Bush's" watch. It's all BS.................none of these regulations would happen if any of them stuck to what the 2nd stands for. I didn't see where the founding fathers put a bunch of stipulations on the 2nd. I think it is pretty clear on what they meant, not this crap we have now. We all have the right to "keep and bear arms".
  3. hogger129

hogger129 Active Member

Re: CBS News: Documents: ATF used "Fast and Furious" to make the case for gun regulat

Holder is withholding documents and lying.

I still don't think he could have let this go on without approval from the White House.
  4. Dennis C

Dennis C New Member

Holder and his cronies should be in jail!
  5. The Duke

The Duke New Member

Im sure we all remember Hillary flapping her gums on national TV about 90% of the guns used by the Mexican cartels are coming from the U.S....She has been awfully quiet about that now...PLUS, shortly after the Fast and Furious scandal hit the news, El Presendente de Mejico suddenly declared a truce with the drug cartels and the killings have greatly diminished...Seems to me like the whole plan sorta fell apart, for now...Call me a conspiracy theory nut-case if you wish, but there is a lot more to this scheme than just simple gun-running by the government...

Watch the UN and their schemes...They are the corrupt bastards who would like to run the entire world...Aint gonna have a one world thing without destroying the sovereignty of the US...and we got a lot of armed 'freedom fighters' right now to keep that from happening.....And they know that...Its the armed citizen and dis-armed slave thing....

The January issue of Dillons "The Blue Press" has a quite interesting story called "The Arms Trade Treaty: Some Predictions" on page 65...Id link to it, but its not on their web site as yet.
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2011
  6. raven818

raven818 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Wow..gotta love that article. When F&F first hit the news, I told my wife " there goes the 2nd amendment. She asked what I meant. I told her the dems had set it up to prove the press they had been putting out regarding guns to mexico was being backed up with this BS, and it blew up in their face.

It's so sad that an American border agent had to die at the hand of some thug, using a weapon handed to him by DC.
  7. Ken W

Ken W Member

"It's like ATF created or added to the problem so they could be the solution to it and pat themselves on the back".............shocking. :rolleyes:
  8. jlloyd73

jlloyd73 New Member

LOL........Donna and I had the same conversation.
  9. ponycar17

ponycar17 Active Member

That's amazing. Sure, we all knew the purpose for the operation but CBS has actually reported on it. :eek:
  10. Millwright

Millwright Well-Known Member

Rep. Issa called USAG Holder's bluff today exhibiting four cases of documents given them by one gun dealer involved in OF&F, alongside the DOJ's one ! Anyone watching got the message ! >MW
  11. ponycar17

ponycar17 Active Member

From http://hotair.com/archives/2011/05/25/obama-were-working-on-gun-control-under-the-radar/

Notice the date on which the statements were made? Yeah, that was BEFORE F&F blew wide open to the press.

Nah, they didn't do it on purpose... Surely not... :rolleyes:
  12. Millwright

Millwright Well-Known Member

Ms. Clinton has her own issues ! As Attkisson notes the State Department has to approve all CDS (Commercial Direct Sales) to foreign governments. Since 2008 over 14,000 AR-15 guns were sold to the Mexican government even before factoring in a sales rate increase of 10X and DOS's refusal to reveal numbers for 2010 and 2011 !

As I understand it selling guns under the CDS program are subject to less stringent controls/oversight than selective fire military arms sold under the FMA program. They're also (reputedly), indistinguishable from the same mfg's guns sold to Americans, being semi-auto only in operation.

Kinda makes you wonder just what is the origin of these sorts of guns being submitted for ATF tracing, eh ? Could it be OF&F is the stalking horse to getting the many thousands of "assault rifles" legally sold/purchased proclaimed "gun show loophole" evidence ? Or "proof" many FFLs are involved in conspiring to sell arms to the cartels ? >MW
  13. raven818

raven818 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Some 48,000 have died. If American produced weapons are responsible for part of it. You can bet all the legally ( or most ) sold guns to Mexico, have been disbursed by the Mexican military to the thugs.

How about we ask them to allow us to locate the legal weapons? How do you think they would respond? You do know, of course, that Calderon is propping Barry up on this whole fiasco?