CBS Stomps on US Constitution and Slaps you in the face.

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by Hardballer, Jun 5, 2009.

1. Hardballer

Hardballer New Member

CBS Stomps on The US Constitution and Slaps you in the face. How do you feel about that?

CBS Outdoor Advertising bans "Where's the Birth Certificate" billboard ads.

I say ban CBS. The following are CBS affiliates. BAN them and their advertisers from your viewing and quit using their Advertisers products. I'm still looking for a list of CBS advertisers and will update when found.

Click here for the full article.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2009
  2. 308 at my gate

308 at my gate New Member

I quit viewing liberal outlets like cbs a long time ago.
  3. bcj1755

bcj1755 New Member

You mean the Communist Broadcasting Service is left-leaning?! Say it ain't so:rolleyes::rolleyes: I don't watch CBS anyhow. Or watch/go to any of their affliates. But I will spread the word about this. I know a few conservatives I can inform about this. Thanks for the info.:)
  4. Hardballer

Hardballer New Member

I know, I know. Humor me a little.

Free speech out the window. What else have they not reported on or twisted or outright lied about.

by the way, haven't had broadcast or cable for ten years or better. Ahh, Peace.
  5. Trouble 45-70

Trouble 45-70 New Member

CBS, Can't Believe this S***.
  6. artabr

artabr New Member

CBS = Contrived Bull S---, Continuous B S, Constant B S, .........

Art
  7. RunningOnMT

RunningOnMT New Member

I'm confused. What did they do? Is there a story?
  8. alhefner

alhefner New Member

They refused to allow that advertisement on the billboards they control.

More of an ideological thing than a first amendment violation. They do have the right to control what is or is not displayed on their property and billboards they control are their property.

The whole thing does serve to point out that they are 100% behind Obama no matter what and that should be enough for people to abandon their programming.
  9. RunningOnMT

RunningOnMT New Member

Thank you. Couldn't agree more.
  10. bcj1755

bcj1755 New Member

Well of course. The Communist Broadcasting Network helped get Barry "elected." Along with Ted Turner's Communist News Network. And all the rest of the "free press" and "fair and impartial" media:rolleyes:
  11. Hardballer

Hardballer New Member

Check first post in thread. I added the article. The link takes you right there. Click on the red letters.
  12. Prizefighter

Prizefighter New Member

Luckily, I looked through the list, and it turns out I don't really use CBS or their affiliates for anything anyway.
  13. Hardballer

Hardballer New Member

14. bcj1755

bcj1755 New Member

Nothing curious about it. The "fair and impartial" mainstream media is 100% behind Barry and will sweep anything that is even the slightest bid damaging to him under the rug. Plus, some gov't goons wearing black suits and ray bans and flashing "this is a 'do what I want to at anytime' badge" badges may have paid someone a visit.
  15. Hardballer

Hardballer New Member

This just in!!!

3rd billboard firm
    rejects Obama eligibility ads
    Clear Channel joins CBS, Lamar
    in dissing constitutional question

--WND

Click here for full articles: Banned

and still More

Need some outrage here. This is getting way wrong.
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2009
  16. 45nut

45nut Active Member

And you are surprised at this because...............?

I wish John Voight would bring this up. :D
  17. Hardballer

Hardballer New Member

No, I am not surprised at the actions of these liberal dupes. What I am is surprised at the tepid, apathetic response from those who are not liberals. From those who claim to be right of center.

The acceptance of actions like these simply embolden the opposition to take more and more liberties with your rights and freedoms.

The question that I have is when do you stop taking it on the chin and start doing something about it. This billboard thing is not just an inconvenience or a silly little thing that some company has done.

This is a concerted effort to bury your First Amendment right to free speech. Billboards, newspapers, TV, radio, Internet advertising. All these enable free speech. None are alike or reach the same audience and if; as in the case of CBS, they choose to say no, that covers all of the above for a certain audience.

This is not about billboards or even a birth certificate. It is about Freedom and Liberty. Your Freedom and Liberty. It does not taste very good to have my plate of Freedom and Liberty Yanked out from in front of me.

I don't appreciate the likes of Dan Rather and his ilk having a say as to what I should be able to say or not say. I also do not appreciate those I consider compatriots taking 5 on this one.

What happened here is actually historic in nature. Three of the largest media advertisers in the world have just told you "NO!", you cannot use our venue for your political means. Your political views, if you hold to these, are being censored, slapped down, blanked out and all I hear is a whimper.

The worst of it is this is not the only issue that is being treated this way by the right. Why are we acting like lambs to the slaughter instead of sheep dogs defending the flock?

Write, speak, do.
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2009
  18. RunningOnMT

RunningOnMT New Member

It isn't apathy that causes people "who claim to be right of center" to accept what CBS and others are doing. It is the result of embracing liberty and recognizing private property rights and the right of a private company to promote whatever political agenda they choose.

We don't like the bias of CBS, CBS Broadcasting, and CBS News, but what can we do about it? What SHOULD we do about it? Demand equal time...equal billboard space? Isn't that exactly what the liberal congress is trying to do to talk radio?

Liberals have no concept of private property rights nor do they respect the right of any private enterprise to operate outside of government control. liberals can't and wont tolerate opposing points of view. Are we like them?

The answer is to do business with those companies that DO support your point of view. If there are no companies in that particular field that do, start your own. That is liberty.
  19. Trouble 45-70

Trouble 45-70 New Member

I have no idea how far right of center I am now as the center has moved so far left that it is out of sight from where I'm standing. A number of years ago in a New England state, someone wanted to have something printed for a homosexual group. Being practicing Christians, they didn't want to take a printing job for something that G*d clearly defines as an abomination. When the smoke finaly settled, the courts made them take the job and I think they also had to pay a penalty. Isn't this the same thing? I wonder if the same courts will find in favor of WND. Naw not where Obamas eligibility is concerned. That is ironclad , sheathed in titanium and sealed with kryptonite.
  20. Hardballer

Hardballer New Member

I agree to a point. I've said so. The point here, though, is that people don't do what you suggested. They throw their collective arms up and watch CSI, or Criminal Minds, etc.

They use "what can I do?" "I'm just one person" etc. to get off the hook.

The point being, we are not in a time of dissatisfaction with particular point of view, or a certain political or ideological stance. We are watching the systematic dismantling of our system of government and the US Constitution and financial stability of the nation and perhaps the world all in one fell swoop and in less than six months time.

These three companies are denying access to public expression. Granted, there are other avenues but fewer and far between. In many areas of the country, they are the only choices so this seems to me to be collusion on the part of the sign companies to silence your views. Period.

Sure You could go ahead and start a multi-billion dollar company, why not? Should be easy and probably wouldn't take more than twenty or thirty years or so.

Sorry but this is a time sensitive issue. Soon it may not be a time sensitive issue at all. Opposing views just won't have any traction. We can all have a big sigh of relief and let Uncle Sam take care of us.

Just get in line early before all the fresh bread and soup are gone.

Write, speak, do.