CCI small pistol and CCI Large Rifle

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by JohnTheCalifornian, Jun 12, 2009.

1. JohnTheCalifornian

JohnTheCalifornian Member

For the last few days I have been visiting your forum. It has been very informative and interesting to say the least. I enjoy reloading for various calibers in my spare time. Anyhow, to the point of my post. I found today that Midway Usa has CCI small pistol and CCI Large Rifle primers available :eek: to purchase. I figured I would pass this along knowing that primers are scarce and hard to come by these days.
  2. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    Thank you, I'm on my way there now!
  3. thomas44

thomas44 New Member

They're all gone already ! Thanks for letting us know, though. There are gobs and gobs of PMC primers at GB available, but it's rare to see anybody bid on them. Are they junk or what ?
  4. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

I found this, this morning, and was confuddled.

Graf and Sons had CCI primers listed for 110 dollars for 5000, while all the other brands - WW, Remington, Federal, Magtech, were between 130 and 150.

Don't get excited. They didn't have any. All their primers (except some brands of 209 and some of 50 BMG) were "out of stock". But I wonder why the price was less. I went and looked at Midway. They were also out of everything, but CCI prices were the same (more or less) as the others. So I wonder why they were 30 bucks cheaper at Grafs?
  5. 38 special

38 special New Member

I just bought 1000 cci 500 primers today from a local gun dealer THey cost 28$ just fyi -that price seems quite reasonable
  6. thomas44

thomas44 New Member

Personally, I have considerable respect for a business that's willing to sell primers (or anything else in really high demand) at a reasonable price, and right now $28 per k of primers is reasonable. I recently found a couple k of Winchester large rifle primers for $38 a thousand. I felt fortunate to find them, but thought the owner was taking advantage of the situation just a tad.

Can anyone answer my question about PMC primers ? Are they junk ?
  7. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

I don't see why they would be. Their ammo is all right.