CCW Holder in Deep DOO DOO

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 22WRF, Feb 26, 2007.

1. 22WRF

22WRF Well-Known Member

Road rage arrest

Feb 26, 2007 06:49 PM
    Road Rage

By Renee Dials

MOBILE - A Pensacola man accused of pointing a gun at another driver says he was just protecting himself.

Albert McCreary says it was after two p.m. Sunday when he left church. He was on his way to check on his sick mother when he ran into a unexpected detour that landed him in jail.

"I got probably two or three miles down, and the state troopers pulled me over, had their guns, and everything out, and said, 'Get out, get out'. Somebody said you had a weapon pointed at someone."

McCreary was still basking in the spirit of a good church service, and listening to his music when he says he inadvertently cut in front of another driver. That's when McCreary says his heavenly Sunday went way south. "The guy felt like I cut him off. So in the event of that he came on the side making gestures, flicking me off and everything, and we was going back and forth."

But, McCreary says the exchange of rude gestures quickly escalated.

"He said some more stuff, and then a rifle came out the window, and I was scared. So, I ducked down in fear of my life, and I grabbed my weapon,,, So I pulled it back out and so he pulled over immediately and got out the car talking about come over here, come over here. I kept on going. I was trying to keep him off of me."

McCreary has a license to carry his gun,
    but that wasn't enough to prevent his arrest. McCreary claims he told the officers the other man had a rifle, but when that driver arrived on the scene an hour later police didn't find any weapons in his car.

"As I think about it now I would have done it different, because with all the aggravation, and I would have just kept driving."

A lesson McCreary says he'll remember in the future.

McCreary is free on a thousand dollar bond. He'll have to go to court on the assault charge next month.
  2. Crpdeth

Crpdeth Active Member

I had a very similar problem happen to me and it was on a Sunday afternoon as well:p ...This guy messed up when he stopped the viehicle and started exchanging words. In this instance he should have used a cell phone...I did and had several police on the drunk punk before he could get away, or force me and/or the wife to cancel him.

If he had no way of leaving the arguement (red light, ect) and the rifle barrel came up, then it would be time to defend your life.

Crpdeth
  3. JohnK3

JohnK3 New Member

I've read advice from several sources that say if you *ever* have to pull your weapon, the first phone call the police should receive is from *you,* not the other fellow.

Police tend to believe the first caller. They make an assumption that if you were in the right, you would have been the first to call. Many judges follow the same line of thought, no matter how boneheaded it might be.
  4. White Hawk

White Hawk New Member

Hmph. Imagine that!

(Who the bleep pulls a rifle while driving?!?)
  5. Bruce FLinch

Bruce FLinch New Member

:eek: Bummer. I think if another driver points a gun @ me in the car, & I have a gun.. I would have to respond by doing more than just pointing my gun back. :(
  6. clmanges

clmanges New Member

Yeah, a friend of mine has a saying, "He who dials 911 first, wins."
  7. Lead Lobber

Lead Lobber Former Guest

Good lesson here. Even if if you are legal and your actions justified (under the US Constitution) , you may be arrested and your weapon will be confiscated (for no legal reason at all). Welcome to America, the land of the NOT SO FREE. :mad:

LL
  8. SF Mike

SF Mike New Member

The guy screwed up.
    Sounds like a choice was made for a confrontation rather than prudently driving off.
    I know that's easier said than done.
    I was a bareknuckle guy in the old days. Times have changed. I cringe now remembering some of the stuff I waded into.
    My state does not allow carrying weapons, so anybody with a piece under their seat aint playing by any rules.
  9. dbl tap

dbl tap New Member

The incident would have ended when he showed me the rifle. Our friend was very lucky he was not shot. Going up against a rifle with a hand gun is already a big disadvantage. You should not compound the bad situation by giving him first shot also.
    The best action would be to double tap at the driver then hit the breaks and try to turn off or make a u turn. Of course traffic permitting. When you fire it will get his head down and you can make your retreat. "Immediately!!!" call 911, to be the first story told. This gives you an advantage with credibility.
    Of course the incident could have been averted by apologizing and staying out of the finger pointing. The guy you just flipped off could level a full auto AK-47 out the window and the last thing you feel is a warm liquid in your pants:eek: Dbl Tap
  10. AL MOUNT

AL MOUNT Active Member

Cleaning my Thompson in The Foothills of the Ozark
    Thank You Jesus......:rolleyes:

The moron didn't live here in Misery......:eek:

The St. Looser Post Discrace & the Kansas Shitty Red Star

would have had a field day bad mouthing our new CCW law.....:mad: :mad:
  11. Crpdeth

Crpdeth Active Member

Exactly!

I dont believe there ever was a rifle.

Crpdeth
  12. berto64

berto64 Active Member

Remember rule #1, "Don't pull it if you are not prepared to use it."

Waving the danged thing is just liable to get yourself kilt rather than "scare" the other guy off.