CCW Holster

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bulls I, Mar 12, 2004.

1. Bulls I

Bulls I New Member

I'm wondering what everyone prefers for a CCW holster? I have an Uncle Bob's nylon belt holster for my USP .40 but it doesn't seem to be easily concealed. I'll either carry the USP (until I can get a USP compact) or a Colt .38 spl (I don't remember off hand the model but it's a small Detective special perhaps???). I'm just looking for opinions before I buy one. Thanks.
  2. Lowrider

Lowrider New Member

It sure depends on how you want to carry. I don't like IWB holsters and belt holsters, although I have a bunch of them, are a pain in the ass when you're in and out of the car. I really prefer paddle holsters or the easy on - easy off type with the snap loops that attach around the belt.

Galco makes good holsters, so does Milt Sparks, Don Hume, Alessi, Fist, and many more. I recently bought a paddle holster for my new S&W 386PD (7-shot .357 mag.) from Tucker Gunleather. The holster is so nice I immediately ordered another for my Glock model 30.

Good holsters aren't cheap but the good ones will last you a lifetime.
  3. IShootBack

IShootBack Well-Known Member

I have a Don Hume leather IWB for my Glock 30 and Glock17. Seems to hold them tight and conceal about as good as anything I have tried.

I tried a pager pal, but do not like keeping a loaded gun next door to Mr. Johnson. I'm afraid I may go around half-cocked...
    (Sorry, I could not help myself) Also found it to be awkard to draw from.

Good Luck.
  4. Country101

Country101 Active Member

What's an IWB holster and a paddle holster? I'm suer I've seen them, but I dont know the names.

Personally, I like Shoulder holsters. If you wear a jacket or something they'd be good. If you're not planning on a jacket, they're no good though.

Country101
  5. Lowrider

Lowrider New Member

6. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

I have always preferred IWB, and build my own. Since I always wear a vest (custom built ones FirstInLine designed) they work quite well.

Pops
  7. Remington597

Remington597 Former Guest

I use the same nylon holsters that you use by Uncle and they are great. I use them for all my pistols.
  8. glocknut

glocknut New Member

hehehe

WHEEEW..........DOG !!!!!!!!!!!!

MIKE
  9. IShootBack

Shoulder holsters are fine for cops or armed security. But they do not conceal very well. They print fairly easy to the a semi-trained eye. Also, it'd be difficult to draw withoout being obvious.

With a IWB, you look like you are getting your wallet out (for the guy mugging you) then suprise. So how much longer do you plan on robbing people?

ISB
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2004
  10. IShootBack

I use a shoulder rig for hunting with my SW629. It's too heavy for a waist belt holster.

So, that being said, the weight of your handgun is a serious consideration when selecting a holster.

IMHO
    ISB :cool: