CCW Holster

Discussion in 'Self Defense Tactics & Weapons' started by Mjolnir, May 30, 2008.

1. Mjolnir

Mjolnir New Member

Looking for a iwb holster for my 3" xd I've noticed that not many are made for that barrel length. There are some nice ones for the 4" barrel however. Does anyone see any issues being caused by using a holster designed for an inch longer barrel (difficulty unholstering or anything else that might result in something bad)?
  2. UncleFudd

UncleFudd Member

Mjolnir;

Not one bit and it will work as good and you can carry either.
    I have ordered the Government size for my commander for 20 years and carried either my govt or my commander with never a hitch.
    there however some very nice holsters for the 3" as well. Look at Don Hume, Milt Sparks, I think DeSantis has some and Galco.

See if they have what you are looking for in their lines.

Hope this helps.

UF
  3. Kramer makes just about any kind of holster you could possibly want for a Springfield XD 3", Mj. Here's a link to the list to their site. Click on the "Which holster matches your gun" button in the upper right, then look up Springfield XD 3".

http://www.kramerleather.com/home.cfm
    Last edited by a moderator: May 30, 2008
  4. Mjolnir

Mjolnir New Member

Wow they have exactly what I was looking for, thanks Pistol. Thanks for the input as well Fudd.
  5. Mjolnir

Mjolnir New Member

Just bought a holster, just for peace of mind has anyone else been hemeoraging money on firearms lately? With the current political state it seems like the best place to spend my money, anyone else agree?
  6. sabashimon

sabashimon New Member

7. Mjolnir

Mjolnir New Member

I suppose I should start buying ammo otherwise I guess all I have are expensive clubs.
  8. user

user Active Member

Northern piedmont of Va. and Middle of Nowhere, We
    "Heavy is good; heavy is reliable. And if it doesn't work, you can hit him with it." -- Boris the Blade, from the movie, "Snatch".
  9. Vladimir

Vladimir New Member

I carry a DeSantis Pro Stealth. I bought it with the intent of it being a "cheap" temporary solution until I had money for and knew exactly what I wanted. I fell in love and have no intentions of trying another IWB anytime soon.

I just quoted that a few days ago on my HK forums I think it was lol :D.
  10. Mjolnir

Mjolnir New Member

I ended up getting a Kramer IWB #3. It was a pretty penny but I doubt I will ever need another.
  11. UncleFudd

UncleFudd Member

mjolnir et al;
    You mentioned spending lots of money on guns so I thought I would expound a litttle on your thread. I hope this is OK as I certainly do not intend to hijack.
    Also to everyone if you think it wise, I would take the time and write a new thread discussing what I see lately. It might help some of our brother gun owners and forum members.

My range and the retail business has never been so busy. I have been in the retail bus since 78 and opened the indoor range in 88. I have ssen several slack periods folowed by the boom over the many years. But I have NEVER seen anything like the current spate of buying and their is no limit to your imagination. I sell the Barret 50s and have sold 9 or ten of them so far this year. That alone with the Leupold 4.5 X 14 tactical scope mounted on it is about $9800.
    The interesting things are that almost 90% of the buyers are already gun owners and they are "rounding out" their arsenals. Nearly 30% of these are women without a man at their side. This is due in part because a man has taken the time to at least introduce them to shooting, (not always) but they come in and rent a lot of guns and then decide on their own what they want to own. These same women are much more serious about their training than many of the guys. These gals are signing up for everything from my basic course to CCW and some of the most advanced pistol, rifle and shotgun courses you can take. They are absolutely serious guys and it makes me proud to see what they are doing and how much fun they are having.
    I offer two days a week free to the ladies. (yes I have been threatened with law suite for doing this but I still do and will until I am forced to quit. Then I will figure out a way to do it anyway). The gals pay no rental fee and can try as many guns as they wish by buying the ammo and targets only. If they need an instructor, one is provided free also. These two days have become the busiest days of the week every week now.

Anyway, the other thing I see happening is the ammo sales even though the prices are sky high. My prices are better than most for guns and only a little higher than those of the big guys for ammo. But most of my ammo sales are one and two box sales for use on the range. My customers go to the big guys for their bulk sales and I do not blame them. In spite of this, ammo sales are also at an all time high. My small business sold 340 guns and 2800 boxes of ammo in may. I know it does not sound like much but I have the records for all these years and how this little business has operated and believe me when I tell you it is the same with other small dealers in my area. It is huge.
    But it poses dangers as well and that is for the panic buying in some areas for guns and ammo.
    It makes it very difficult to find certain models of Glock and XDs as well as some of the Rugers. I said it before and again it is important, if you find the model you have been wanting or looking for, get some money down on it s they come and go in availability.
    I talk to a lot of shooters every day as you might imagine. All are great people. If not I throw the bums out. LOL Remember that we can shoot anything in my range which is unusual in an indoor range, including high power rifle and full auto and shotguns. So I meet every kind and level of competence. Many are taking more and more time to get more and more accurate with all of their SD guns. They are not worried, just sharpening their warriors edge if you will.
    As mentioned earlier in this thread, people are genuinely worried about who will sit in the white house. This is a general consensus for now. Bottom line is if we want to keep our guns for a little while longer, we had better get out and vote and get as many friends to do the same as we possibly can.

Hope this has been of some benefit to those of you who pay attention to what is happening in our world.

It is scary on the one hand and on another a wonderful thing to see and to be a part of right now.

Take care all and stay safe, always.

UF
  12. CL01

CL01 New Member

The only issue about using a holster that's made for a longer barrel would only be an issue mostly if it's in leather & if you ever plan on using a gun with a barrel length that the holster was made for. The only issue is that after time, the leather at the end of the barrel can collapse &/or bend a little, making it more difficult to holster a gun that it was made for. Other than that, no big deal, but there should be enough holsters (Especially if it's a 1911 type gun) that fit your gun.