1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

CCW Holsters????

Discussion in 'Self Defense Tactics & Weapons' started by Thomas_1, Aug 26, 2007.

1. Thomas_1

Thomas_1 New Member

A lot of folks ask what is the best CCW weapon to carry. The second question should be what is the right holster to have. If your going to carry a CCW all day you need a holster that will “ride” with you. If you have a cheap holster that makes it hard to pull your weapon then you may as well not even carry it, because that split second could count. So here’s the question, what’s your favorite CCW holster, behind the back, ankle, shoulder, etc? I know it depends on the type of weapon your carrying, it’s hard to put a 6” Ruger in a ankle holster.:)
  2. By far, my favorite holster is the Kramer MSP (which stands for Minnesota State Police). Kramer designed this holster at the request of, and with the input of, the Minnesota State Police. It is a molded paddle type holster and comes in either horsehide or cowhide, the more durable horsehide version being a bit more expensive. The MSP wanted a high-quality holster for their staff of detectives, most of whom must take off and put back on their weapons several times a day. The holster comes with a snap strap that fits under the belt for greater security, but this may be removed entirely if one wishes. As you know, many paddle type holsters are unstable and are uncomfortable to wear. Trust me, this one is neither. The holster stays put all day, and simply will not come off when the weapon is drawn. They are also not cheap. They run about $150.00 in the horsehide version, a little less in cowhide. I have MSPs for all the weapons I commonly carry for CCW.
  3. RMT

RMT New Member

I have a different holster or carry method for all of my CCW guns.
  4. zebulonsmith

zebulonsmith New Member

Look at www.comp-tac.com also. They make a model called a "shirt tucker" that hooks on your belt and rides up above you waist, under your shirt, hence the name. Prices aren't bad either. I had one for a kel-tek p3at before I sold it. (Sold it because I didn't care for the gun, the holster was great.)
  5. TTUshooter

TTUshooter New Member

i'll give another vote for the Comp-tacs I cary a C-Tac for my bersa thunder 380. I also an M-Tac for my GI .45. $75 and $70 respectively. 5.11 also makes an undershirt that has a weapon pouch on each side, its almost like a shoulder rig sewn into the undershirt. the shirt fits like the underarmour, style of undergear. made of similar material fits very tightly, but the holster pouchs have padding which help conceal the print of the gun. I was pretty skeptical of this at first, but it actually works pretty well. the only downside is the seams of the shirt can be somewhat itchy. but its an interesting concept that actually works somewhat well. just my .02
  6. DWARREN123

DWARREN123 New Member

Don Hume IWB's. I have found some at gun shows and ordered some from
    WWW.GUNNERSALLEY.COM
    I have been satisfied with them, inexpensive and they work.
  7. board917

board917 New Member

carry style really depends on body type... i can't get away with putting my .40 XD sub in a paddle holster, but my boss who is much broader in the shoulders can even while wearing it on his hip.
    I did find a great solution tho, the inside the pants bladetech ($75-115) holsters are AMAZING. The holds the gun just like a normal hip holster but the nose tucks inside ur waist band (have to wear a belt) no buttons or thumb breaks, just draw and fire. Im a bike mechanic and i wear it all day and i wear it when i ride my motorcycle.
    I also have a NAA mini revolver which i use the skeleton style belt-buckle holster for, in my opinion, the best thing ever invented as far as comfort goes.
    I will say this about ankle holsters, they should really be used for backup weapons and backup weapons only, doing toe touches is the last thing u want to have to do in such a confrontation as well as the fact that drawing from an ankle holster requires both hands and eliminates the ability to move side to side, forward or backwards until the weapon is drawn.
    Infinite adjust belts or military style belts work very well if u snug them up tuck ur pistol in ur waist band and then re-snug the belt. this is how i carry my P22... the .40 has fallen through my pants 1 time after wearing it like that at least 50 times.
  8. Stumpy

Stumpy New Member

Since I have to cinch my belt tight to keep my pants up (gotta avoid that saggy pants gang-banger look, ya know) IWB doesn't work for me. I prefer a pocket holster like the Pocket Max from El Paso Saddlery (www.epsaddlery.com). Works well with a S&W Mod. 60 in my right front pocket.
  9. Kahr

Kahr New Member

I carry strong side, Bianchi OWB pancake holster canted with a thumb break.
  10. berto64

berto64 Active Member

I'm looking for a paddle holster that will accommodate the Tac rail on my SigArms GSR.

Any suggestions on where to look?