CCW in Arkansas as opposed to California

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by chubcobear, Dec 8, 2010.

1. chubcobear

chubcobear New Member

In Arkansas (a shall issue state) the State Police issue a CCW ( 5 years, any legal pistol) to ANY applicant based upon a clear record, fingerprints and the completion of an authorized instruction class by a licensed CCW instructor. Approximately 2.5% of adults in Arkansas hold a CCW. In California (a may issue state) one must either "know" the local Chief of Police (city resident) add/or County Sheriff (county resident), and/or have a "good reason" to even be considered for a CCW. City dwellers have an almost impossible task to get CCW, county dwellers have a better chance of getting CCW (albeit rare). The more rural the county, the better the opportunity for CCW. I was able to have one in San Luis Obispo County (one year, specific gun), but not approved in Marin or Sonoma Counties. No chance in any city in California that I ever worked in. There is no CCW equality in California, there is ample equality in Arkansas for CCW. Less than one half of 1% of Californians hold a CCW.
  2. glocknut

glocknut New Member

Yeah but...you'd actually have to "live" in Arkansas.... :eek::eek::D;)

mike
    gn
  3. Crpdeth

Crpdeth Active Member

Bear, if you haven't followed Glocknut's posts on here, he didn't really enjoy the area that he stayed in over in AR. :p

I'm just west of ya, over in TX, where we are 'Shall Issue' as well. I'm not sure of the percentage of CCL holders, but many people I know do have one... Mine is expired ATM, I really need to remedy that.

Crpdeth
  4. medalguy

medalguy Member

I'd rather live in Arkansas than Kalifornia if it came down to a choice between those two. However, I do prefer Texas myself. :D
  5. johnlives4christ

johnlives4christ Former Guest

kentucky is a shall issue. take a class and shoot 20 shots. as long as 11 shots hit a silhouette target at 21 feed you pass. can carry anywhere except schools, daycares, bars and government buildings. plus you can open carry without a license anywhere except schools or government buildings.
  6. 308 at my gate

308 at my gate New Member

Well I still live in California and have applied two times now for a CCW permit. I tried through Orange county sheriff which is the county I live in. At the time I was going into some very rough areas of Los Angeles late at night for my work. The Officer who was interviewing me said, that he did not blame me for wanting a gun but that he could not approve me for a CCW based on the reason, that the company I worked for would also have to take on some of the liability for me carrying a firearm. Needless to say that was not going to happen so after two times I just quit trying. One more thing, two more years and I will be out of here and living in Wyoming and there I will have a CCW.
  7. ofitg

ofitg New Member

If you live in California, you have to take the bad with the good....

Somebody help me out here, what was the "good" part again?
  8. chubcobear

chubcobear New Member

The weather? Lotsa taxes? Good welfare income? Maybe, the fully functional state government controlled by public employee unions. Good roads?
  9. Airdale

Airdale Member

Proximity to Beaches, Mountains, Deserts and Highway1 which passes through all of those.

You wouldn't think a government could spoil all that splendor but, sadly, you'd be mistaken.
  10. 308 at my gate

Exactly that is why I can't get out here quick enough.
  11. 308 at my gate

You definitely have nailed how the state here runs. You forgot sancturary cities and looking like a third world country.
  12. chubcobear

chubcobear New Member

Actually the racial diversity of California is a good thing, in my opinion. Too bad about the illegal problem, though. Washington, New Mexico and Utah have a larger identity fraud problem than California (undocumented can get DL). But now that my former state has a Democrat Governor, Senate and Assembly, the public employee and teacher unions will certainly rule the land. They will tax, regulate, and legislate the state into certain mayhem and bankruptcy........at least until the Fedzilla bails them out. Despite the view of my friend glocknut, this life in Arkansas is heaven compared to the kingdom of Caliphonia.