CCW in WY without a permit

Discussion in 'Self Defense Tactics & Weapons' started by NitroDave08, Feb 17, 2010.

1. Eddie N

Eddie N New Member

I, also, would like to see this in all states. You folks have educated me some more. I grew up in a hunting family and was taught firearm safety by everybody I went shooting or hunting with. and with the criminals breaking the laws, why can we all not carry concealed as they do. I think we should get rid of all the stupid, restrictive laws!
    However, I do believe that anybody who wants to own a firearm should know about them and safety, but that is just common sense.
    BTW, my state is the next one south. Maybe...?
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2010
  2. Terry_P

Terry_P New Member

It is up to the individual firearms owner to know their weapon, how to safely carry, use and store it. Period. Writing a check for $300 to a state agency does nothing to insure training or profficency it only gives some government hack the right to deny us all our rights. I will be in Wyoming this summer and have no fears if this bill is passed that our lives will be in danger from a law abiding citizen with a firearm.
  3. Maximilian II

Maximilian II New Member

My understanding after discussion with a friend who has a concealed carry permit is that GA requires a $25 fee and approval from the Sheriff to get the permit.
    I'm planning to get one when I get around to it. Just because I like to shoot and sometimes transport firearms in my vehicle between shooting locations. It's one of those things that just seems prudent.
    Plus, the way things are going I might decide some time I'd rather depend on a gun than my fists. Getting older these days. Hitting people hurts me more and them less than it used to.
  4. wpage

wpage Active Member

I can think of a few folks that need to have this revoked...
    Many in high places.
  5. old semperfi

old semperfi New Member

i live in southern indiana,old country boy at hear
    not real sure but i think they call it RIGHT TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS i live in indiana and its never been an issue here to my knowledge.yes we have some who carry their north american arms on a belt buckel but they are rare....i think you are worried about nothing.... old semperfi
  6. Jeff Midguard

Jeff Midguard New Member

As the Constitution reads, the only real requirement to keep and bear is that you become part of a "well regulated militia".
  7. johnlives4christ

johnlives4christ Former Guest

actually being part of a well regulated militia is not a requirement of the 2nd amendment.

"a well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed"

the first part "a well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state" is a statement. saying that without local militias the overseeing government is free to take over the state because there will be no organized resistance.

the second part "the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed" is the part that guarantees us the right to own, carry, and use firearms. this part is put into place so that way we cannot be disarmed, which is the first step of a tyrannical government take over.

people for the most part have forgotten the first part of the 2nd amendment, and have no desire, nor see any reason, for an organized militia.

back to the topic of the OP, this hasn't passed yet has it? was it shot down? whats the news?

i am a yahoo who carries a gun. i dont carry because i need to for self defense, i carry because i can. i open carry because i can. i do have a license to conceal, but i dont conceal because it's legal to open carry here.

i dont have any training of any type other then my own experience shooting on the farm and learning through tv and online what is considered safe. i also have common sense so that helps a lot.

people carrying guns without training, this probably isnt the best idea... but a worse idea is limiting who can carry, or in some way licensing them. once the ability to license is set in place, it can be used as an ability to deny. so if it was a case that you could not carry without training, then people would end up being denied for reasons other then irresponsible gun handling.

people should teach their kids about how to safely handle firearms, then you would have people that are "trained".

a lot of people see guns as this deadly thing that can kill, but it didnt used to be that. it used to be seen as a tool that was used for defending yourself, your country, and for hunting and fun. but now, because its popular to limit or ban things that are dangerous even gun owners are jumping in on the band wagon.
  8. TheDoctor

TheDoctor Former Guest

It does say BEAR ARMS. It does not say CONCEAL ARMS. The definition of Bear that I found to be most relevant was, "to hold or carry (oneself, one's body, one's head, etc.): to bear oneself erectly. "
    http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/Bear?&qsrc=
    I'm not against the constitution, or the bill of rights. I am against twisting the meaning of words to fit our needs, though. There is no law saying you cannot carry a weapon in a non concealed manner. And if you'd like to get really technical with the Bill of rights it does say, "A well regulated Militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed." Now, what is a well regulated Militia? It's a military organisation that has strict rules and obliges them. Who sets the rules is never specified.
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2010
  9. johnlives4christ

i prefer to carry open. people deal with me accordingly...... respectfully and polite.
  10. berto64

berto64 Active Member

I believe that Arizona has passed a no permit concealed carry law too. It waz earlier this year I think. If Wyoming follows thru it would be the fourth state to allow this practice, thus following the tenants of the Second Amendment.
  11. johnlives4christ

yep, arizona is now a free carry state. no charge for concealing
  12. Jeff Midguard

Jeff Midguard New Member

A couple more thoughts...

It appears that the federalists won the debate over the "militia" clause before the ink was dry on the 2nd amendment. See Art. 1 sec. 8. So, for better or worse, we have a national guard rather than independent state militias. I can't help thinking that a state like Arizona might have fewer problems now if they had a state resource to call on, rather than having to get assistance from an apathetic federal govt.

and...

A gun can still be a pretty convincing deterrent even if the person holding it may not be the best marksman in the world.

and...

isnt a CCW permit a license of sorts? Doesn't that give the authorities one more paper trail leading to your door?