ccw permit

Discussion in 'Self Defense Tactics & Weapons' started by old semperfi, Aug 16, 2010.

1. hogger129

hogger129 Active Member

Civilians can't even get a permit in my state. I have a friend who is a retired detective here and he says off-duty cops can get them. And a civilian can get them if they are retired LEO in good standing with the department.

That may change in the next year or so if the Republicans get a majority here.

He asks my constantly why I own a firearm and why I feel the need I have to carry one. I find it silly, too, because as a former police officer he should know why. He doesn't think ordinary law-abiding people should be able to carry. I find this silly because he's black too. And I sort of contrast it to civil rights. How whites got special treatment that he didn't. Yet he thinks he deserves special treatment that law-abiding people shouldn't get.
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2010
  2. hogger129

hogger129 Active Member

Couldn't you sue the state after so long? Aren't they sort of denying your right to Due Process?
  3. graehaven

graehaven Active Member

I don't think you can legally sue the government in this country.

The best hope is to have the Supreme court (federal) continue to underscore the strength of the 2nd Amendment, and then take on the laws on the books through the courts because they're not constitutional.
  4. johnlives4christ

johnlives4christ Former Guest

and we all let them tell us what to do.
  5. hawkshaw

hawkshaw New Member

Tx good for 4 years, then renew with abbreviated class. We shot 125 rounds. Qualify with a semi auto you can carry both. Qualify with a revolver and thats all you can carry.
  6. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    Welcome to the forum, Hawkshaw! And us old geasers get a discounted price upon renewal.
  7. CampingJosh

CampingJosh Well-Known Member

I don't know if it would technically be suing, but the First Amendment guarantees us a right to petition our government for a redress of grievances.
  8. hawkshaw

hawkshaw New Member

Thanks carver!
  9. Jeff Midguard

Jeff Midguard New Member

Lets use this to our full advantage while we can. As everybody should know by now, Mr Obama has already appointed 2 anti-gun activists to the supreme court
  10. Claudius Valarium

Claudius Valarium Member

So. Central TX, AKA the Middle of Flyover Country
    Got mine from TX a couple of months ago. It's good for 5 years.
  11. whirley

whirley New Member

If you look at Mr. Obama's record as a state politician, he already was anti-gun and anti second amendment. Isn't that part of the Democrat platform? The Dems also support U.N. resolutions to disarm the citizens of the United Sataes. You can always tell when politicians are lying....their lips move.
  12. noslolo

noslolo New Member

Congrats, I wish PA had a lifetime LTCF.