The Firearms Forum banner

CCW

9K views 62 replies 19 participants last post by  ampaterry 
#1 ·
I will be trying out for this next month.
I need to find out what the accuracy requirement is for the safety course completion, and if there is a caliber restriction.
If it is TOO tough, I would like to take it using my High Standard Trophy Military Citation in .22.
I can drive tacks with that thing, but not that accurate with my 1911, and less yet with my Chiefs Special .38.

Also, what is your prefered carry method, and why?

I am MAINLY getting this so I can carry in the vehicle; TN requires a CCW to carry in the vehicle or OPEN carry, but there will be times when I want to carry on my person.

#52 ·
I'm happy that I live in a 'shall issue' state. 25$ and show my DD214 discharge paper to the Sheriff and it's a handshake and here's your permit.

Just love living in the wild west :)

#53 · (Edited)
Now this hurts.

As I believe I mentioned, my wife outshot me on the qualification. It was raining buckets, she had a 38 snubby, and she missed one out of 48, wheras I missed four.
That was bad enough.

Yesterday, the owner of the school sent us a thank you card and wished us the best in the future -
And closed it with:
"And Judy, you ROCKED on the range!!"

I still say it was raining harder on me than it was on her -
Not only can my wife "SMOKE" me on the range, she can out shoot most men using their own firearm. (Long gun or Handgun)

I absolutely LOVE IT!!!! Especially, after the guy she has just humbled tells me I'm a lucky man and he sure wouldn't want to be the BG that pisses her off. :D

One of the most rewarding things we do together now is participating in WOT events & CWP classes as RSOs & trigger coaches. I can't tell you how good it feels when she & I take in experienced or AG liberals and turn them into a root'n, toot'n, shoot'n, gun luv'n CWP holder.

I'm serious when I say the "conversion" from a fearful, angry AG'er to a calm, confident PG'er is something to behold. It excites me & my wife a great deal when a AG'er suddenly "sees the light".

Over the past few years I have even seen several of these AG leftist libs even come over to the REAL "conversion" and begin "Living in the LIGHT".

That really gives us a charge! It's amazing that the path to someones "deliverance" from the EVIL begins when they pick up & use the very thing the "left" tells them is evil. :)

It's so great to see GOD use something like shooting & firearms to actually bring somebody to Christ.

-

-

#54 ·
I'm happy that I live in a 'shall issue' state. 25$ and show my DD214 discharge paper to the Sheriff and it's a handshake and here's your permit.

Just love living in the wild west :)
They USED to accept a DD214 here also, but those days are gone; the Sheriff no longer issues; it is the Highway Patroll.

#55 ·
Still waiting on the permit -

But have found a couple of long jackets that will cover the hip holster well for cool weather carry -
Been concerned about hot weather, though -
Figured some oversized short sleeved shirts worn untucked would fill the bill, but I am a pretty good sized guy who normally wears X or even 2X, so getting a shirt oversized enough to do this is problematic.

Saturday, we hit K-mart in Clarksville.
There in the mens department was a close-out rack of summer shirts; hawiian style button type, and some regular color patterns too.
$20 shirts for $2.89 each, the sign said.
I found one that I liked in 3X, and six more that I liked in 4X!
On the way to the check out, the PA announced the blue-light special I had just picked through - the sign was correct! I bought PERFECT concealment shirts, good looking, $140 bucks worth for less than $21!!

Now all I need is that little plastic card - - -

#56 ·
Not only can my wife "SMOKE" me on the range, she can out shoot most men using their own firearm. (Long gun or Handgun)

I absolutely LOVE IT!!!! Especially, after the guy she has just humbled tells me I'm a lucky man and he sure wouldn't want to be the BG that pisses her off. :D

One of the most rewarding things we do together now is participating in WOT events & CWP classes as RSOs & trigger coaches. I can't tell you how good it feels when she & I take in experienced or AG liberals and turn them into a root'n, toot'n, shoot'n, gun luv'n CWP holder.

I'm serious when I say the "conversion" from a fearful, angry AG'er to a calm, confident PG'er is something to behold. It excites me & my wife a great deal when a AG'er suddenly "sees the light".

Over the past few years I have even seen several of these AG leftist libs even come over to the REAL "conversion" and begin "Living in the LIGHT".

That really gives us a charge! It's amazing that the path to someones "deliverance" from the EVIL begins when they pick up & use the very thing the "left" tells them is evil. :)

It's so great to see GOD use something like shooting & firearms to actually bring somebody to Christ.

-

-
Don't know how I missed this post, but that is GREAT!!

#57 ·
Still waiting on the permit -

But have found a couple of long jackets that will cover the hip holster well for cool weather carry -
Been concerned about hot weather, though -
Figured some oversized short sleeved shirts worn untucked would fill the bill, but I am a pretty good sized guy who normally wears X or even 2X, so getting a shirt oversized enough to do this is problematic.

Saturday, we hit K-mart in Clarksville.
There in the mens department was a close-out rack of summer shirts; hawiian style button type, and some regular color patterns too.
$20 shirts for $2.89 each, the sign said.
I found one that I liked in 3X, and six more that I liked in 4X!
On the way to the check out, the PA announced the blue-light special I had just picked through - the sign was correct! I bought PERFECT concealment shirts, good looking, $140 bucks worth for less than $21!!

Now all I need is that little plastic card - - -
That's the way I do it Terry. For summer wear it's just a shirt that is at least 1 size to large. Been wearing the Hawaiian shirts, but have decided to go with the Guayabera style shirts. To many folks CCW now days, and the Hawaiian shirts scream CCW!

#60 ·
Believe it or not dollar general,the one here at Paris Landing stocks nothing but large xlarge and xx large,im x small.
Still manage to iwb in shorts and a t shirt,just downsize the pistol.
That is what I have been running into prior to this K-Mart sale -
ALL of these were X to 4X - great find!

#61 ·
Yesterday, we left the place for the first time since the permits were issued.
I went out of here with the glock in a paddle holster on my right hip, one of those huge 4X shirts over it, and an oversized jacket over that.
Stopped at a Sudden Service for coffee first.
This is the first time I have carried a gun in public since leaving Fairbanks back in the 60's.
I could not have felt more conspicuous if I had one of my AK's on my back with bayonette attached!
It REALLY felt like everyone in the place was watching me.
Next stop was the Salvation Army to drop of some tee-shirts I had pulled from my closet to make room for the new size huge ones. I felt less conspicuous.
Next stop was the mall, to Lenscrafters to have my new glasses adjusted a bit. I felt more at ease.
Next stop was Sam's Club where I LOVE to shop. At times, I forgot I was packing.
Next stop was our favorite restaurant, where I was even more relaxed.
Next - Hobby Lobby, where I did not think about it.
Next the car wash, where I bent and twisted all around while cleaning and vaccuming the car without taking special care at all -
Last stop was a pet shop where we buy bird-seed for the wild birds. I never even thought about it.
Returning home, I unloaded the car, put stuff away, and changed clothes.
When I went to pull my belt out of my knife holster I realized I was still wearing the pistol.
One trip, several stops, completely at ease now.

From this point forward, I will not leave home without it except for rare trips to federal or state facilities where it is forbidden.

#62 ·
Good for you Terry!
Most people don't have a clue and wouldn't even notice OC. But, it usually takes a little while to get over our own self-consciousness. (I think it has to do with the brainwashing we all go through to some extent about guns being bad.)

What about Judy?

-

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.