1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

ccw ?

Discussion in 'The 1911 Forum' started by sluggermn, May 17, 2006.

1. sluggermn

sluggermn New Member

for those of you who carry your 1911 as a side arm on a daily basis what do you use for a holster?
    Here is my situation.... I have a colt 1911 and I currently have one of those clips that go under the grip and along the slide so you dont need a holster (gangsta carry if you will lol ) and the problem I am having is it does move around some, for exampe getting in and out of the car ect. along with the movement I have been some what bothered by the hammer and slide lock digging into my back, is there a way to prevent that from happening?
    I am determined that I am either going to solve the problem or develop some nasty callious over time from the damm hammer digging in to my lower back.
    I am a large (fat) guy and I refuse to go out with out my colt so I need a iwb carry option that is more comfortable.
    any suggestions??

thanks
    slugger
  2. 45Smashemflat

45Smashemflat Active Member

My most common concealed carry with a 1911 is a Dillon CYA worn over the right rear pocket. Covers easy with a light jacket. Sits comfortably in a car. I also have a Galco paddle and a Yaqui slide that I use at times when concealment is not as key. The Dillon is not made anymore, but its a lot like the Galco SOB.
  3. tex45acp

tex45acp New Member

sluggermn,

I too am a larger than normal guy and the most comfortable IWB holster that I have ever worn is the Milt Sparks Versa Max 2. I have tried dozens of others and the VM2 does the job so well I hardly know I am carrying my Wilson Professional 1911.

Go here to look at it: http://www.miltsparks.com/VM-2.htm
  4. Shooter45

Shooter45 *Administrator* Staff Member

Check out the leather at www.wilsoncombat.com .

Wilson will let you wear the holster and if you don't like it , send it back.
  5. Country101

Country101 Active Member

I wear the Milt Sparks Executive Companion. I wear it as often as I am not on school campus. It's really comfortable. For car trips, I generally dont hook my belt into the belt loop at 5 o'clock so that it will slide around more towards the front of the hip. Then it doesn't give me any problems at all in the car. Once I get out, just slide it back around to the position you want. Wont even have to adjust your belt if you suck in a little. It only gives me problems in certain seats and on longer trips. I highly recommend the holster.
  6. berto64

berto64 Active Member

For my 1911 I use a lefthanded IWB holster in the small of my back where it is readily accesable to my right hand.

I also am a fat guy and it works good for me.

Sometimes I just stick it in my front pants pocket and wear a light jacket to cover whatever sticks out.
    :cool:
    Last edited: May 17, 2006