ccw ?

Discussion in 'The 1911 Forum' started by sluggermn, May 17, 2006.

1. sluggermn

sluggermn New Member

for those of you who carry your 1911 as a side arm on a daily basis what do you use for a holster?
    Here is my situation.... I have a colt 1911 and I currently have one of those clips that go under the grip and along the slide so you dont need a holster (gangsta carry if you will lol ) and the problem I am having is it does move around some, for exampe getting in and out of the car ect. along with the movement I have been some what bothered by the hammer and slide lock digging into my back, is there a way to prevent that from happening?
    I am determined that I am either going to solve the problem or develop some nasty callious over time from the damm hammer digging in to my lower back.
    I am a large (fat) guy and I refuse to go out with out my colt so I need a iwb carry option that is more comfortable.
    any suggestions??

thanks
    slugger
  2. 45Smashemflat

45Smashemflat New Member

My most common concealed carry with a 1911 is a Dillon CYA worn over the right rear pocket. Covers easy with a light jacket. Sits comfortably in a car. I also have a Galco paddle and a Yaqui slide that I use at times when concealment is not as key. The Dillon is not made anymore, but its a lot like the Galco SOB.
  3. tex45acp

tex45acp New Member

sluggermn,

I too am a larger than normal guy and the most comfortable IWB holster that I have ever worn is the Milt Sparks Versa Max 2. I have tried dozens of others and the VM2 does the job so well I hardly know I am carrying my Wilson Professional 1911.

Go here to look at it: http://www.miltsparks.com/VM-2.htm
  4. Shooter45

Shooter45 *Administrator* Staff Member

Check out the leather at www.wilsoncombat.com .

Wilson will let you wear the holster and if you don't like it , send it back.
  5. Country101

Country101 Active Member

I wear the Milt Sparks Executive Companion. I wear it as often as I am not on school campus. It's really comfortable. For car trips, I generally dont hook my belt into the belt loop at 5 o'clock so that it will slide around more towards the front of the hip. Then it doesn't give me any problems at all in the car. Once I get out, just slide it back around to the position you want. Wont even have to adjust your belt if you suck in a little. It only gives me problems in certain seats and on longer trips. I highly recommend the holster.
  6. berto64

berto64 Active Member

For my 1911 I use a lefthanded IWB holster in the small of my back where it is readily accesable to my right hand.

I also am a fat guy and it works good for me.

Sometimes I just stick it in my front pants pocket and wear a light jacket to cover whatever sticks out.
    :cool:
    Last edited: May 17, 2006