1. no shot

no shot New Member

When filling out the census that came in the mail (required by LAW) I noticed a pattern about how they classify races, theres white, non hispainic, african american, Black american, Afro american,asian american, chinese american, scotchish american, welsh american, etc on and on...But what is just white ? We all originated from some where else, except the native americans who were here first. Are we euro americans ? My ancestors were part Cherokee, so what do I choose for a race ? Cherokee american, it wasn't on the list. And do I get free federal money......lol

Confused american
  2. Artemus

Artemus New Member

Maybe I am wrong,but aren't all the other choices there that are not Hispanic non Hispanic?Kinda weird.
  3. terryu1

terryu1 Armed Infidel Supporting Member

Yes and what about the Hawaiians? They want to create a reservation for Native Hawaiians and take most of the land including military bases and then lease it back to the govt. Reservation will have no taxes and be paid for by the US. Reservation will be open to anyone who can prove ancestry. I think the Choo - Choo has finally gone chugging around the bend!!
  4. 45nut

45nut Active Member

Was there a spot for CONFEDERATE AMERICAN on there????:eek: :D :D

If not, I'm not filling it out.
  5. pinecone70

pinecone70 Active Member

I remember the last census had the ridiculous 'long form' that certain people were saddled with, we were supposed to answer all the questions or face jail time. I didn't fill any of it out past 'how many people live at this residence' and they didn't come looking for me. I think it's all kind of a joke. I don't care if they know what my race is, but beyond the population of my household nothing else is their business; I figured they could look up those other answers (such as income) on their own if they really had a burning need to know.
  6. 38 special

38 special New Member

Hey, what about Swedish-American I will not take this discrimination!!!
    I demand recognition!!!
  7. hogger129

hogger129 Active Member

Whenever there's other, I check other and write in Sicilian/Greek. I am technically "white" because "white" is supposed to mean someone of European descent. But my skin is not "white" it's like olive. Like when they write "Caucasian" as one of the categories. I'm not from Caucasia. Just like when they write in African American instead of black. There are tons of black people in this country who are not from Africa. If everyone else gets to have their own special designation like asian american, cherokee american, black american, african american, latino, etc, etc. I am going to check other and have MY own special catergory too. If they don't like it, the he&& with their form. This is exactly what I mean when nobody pays attention to discrimination against white/European Americans.
  8. obxned

obxned New Member

Is 'mongrel' or 'all of the above' a choice?
  9. topper

topper New Member

Southern by birth....redneck by choice.
  10. ampaterry

ampaterry *TFF Admin Staff Chaplain* Staff Member Supporting Member

I guess that would go under "other"

:D
  11. red14

red14 Active Member

I'm CIA. Cherokee Irish American. Is that on there?:rolleyes:
  12. bcj1755

bcj1755 New Member

Hmmm....can I be a an Italian/German/English/Irish-American?:eek:

I wonder what the feds would do if I wrote in that I'm an American-American?:eek::eek::p:p
  13. DWARREN123

DWARREN123 New Member

Ain't but one race of people on this here planet and they are humans! Nuff said!