Centerfire Systems

Discussion in 'Curio & Relics Forum' started by cointoss2, Mar 3, 2003.

1. cointoss2

cointoss2 Guest

polishshooter
    Senior Chief Moderator Staff
    (6/2/01 10:05:43 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All Centerfire Systems
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    FYI, stopped into Centerfire Systems in Versailles, KY this past week. They also allow walk-up sales.

Clearview Investments operates out of the same building but does not have walk-ups.

Clearview had Makarov magazines listed at 2.99 each/5 but I couldn't get them walk up, I don't know why.

Instead I paid 5.99 for an EG one from Centerfire, it was new in the wrapper, I like EG better, at least I got to look at it first.

They seem like they might be good to deal with too, checked to see if my FFL was on file, I sent it awhile ago but haven't ordered yet. It was.

Versailles is about 15 minutes/miles WSW of Lexington.

Bob In St Louis
    (6/3/01 12:59:44 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Centerfire Systems
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I have followed their adds, but never ordered anything from them. They normally run some pretty good deals on ammo.
    Support the Dead Party, vote Harry S. Truman for Missouri Senate in 2002!

polishshooter
    (6/3/01 9:51:20 pm)
    Yeah, their ammo is priced pretty nice. I've never bought more than 100 rounds through the mails, the shipping scares me off, so I'll probably pick-up only. About how much DOES it cost to ship a case of ammo?

Nice to have that company car and a reason to drive by those places!!!

If I'm coming to the get together I'll let you know if I'm going to make an ammo run, if you want some maybe I can pick some up for you. As long as 20 people don't order cases and my car has to drag bottom for 6 hours!

LIKTOSHOOT
    (6/3/01 10:13:35 pm)
    Polish, I bought some 00Buck from them awhile back, 250 rounds $79.00 delivered. I think the shipping was $10-$13.00 to Texas. Makes for some good 00Buck stocking, like $65.00 a 250 lot and that was awhile back and I have seen it lately for around $55.00 per 250, also some birdshot is starting to show up for about the same price. Sellor&Bellot not bad stuff for the $$$$$$.....LTS

polishshooter
    (6/3/01 10:24:55 pm)
    I was thinking about picking up some SB 00Buck and trying it out.

Somewhere I saw some in the sizes I like better, 1 or 2, but I can't find it now.

I'm gonna' start rolling my own soon anyway, so I probably don't need that much.

250 rounds "put back" would be about right.

the real fredneck
    (6/4/01 9:02:14 pm)
    Polishshooter
    Watch out that foreign ammo might adversely affect that lovely brown patina

polishshooter
    (6/5/01 9:37:33 am)
    Yeah, but on the INSIDE it's shiny...

MO JENKINS
    (6/12/01 6:53:57 pm)
    Bought some of that S&B steel case 7.62x39 from them a while back. It turns out it's the favorite diet of my Chicom pinned SKS. the gun likes it better than IMI, YUGO MIL, Yugo R.N.,REM, PMC,etc etc. Had some good luck with their SKS monte-carlo stocks too.
    MO JENKINS

LIKTOSHOOT
    (6/12/01 7:45:08 pm)
    Polish, somewhere I also saw slugs for the same money, S&B. I have shot alot of the OObuck....shot six rounds down a clean barrel, broke down the pumpgun and took a gander down the tube.....you would sware nothing was fired down it, patterns too. It`s whats known a medium high brass, it`s in between low brass field loads and high brass HV loads....the dram weight is "just" under a high brass load. LTS