Century International Arms

Discussion in 'Feedback Forum' started by warpig, Mar 7, 2003.

1. warpig

warpig Guest

Bob In St Louis
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (2/16/02 9:28:47 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del All Century International Arms
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sometime ago (about a year and a half ago) I ordered 20 CZ24 bayonets from Century that were listed as "good to very good" condition, and what I got would not even rate as poor - they were bent, missing wood on the grips, etc. I sent a letter of complaint to Century, and stated that they were conducting bad business practices and false advertising, and I would state what I have encountered on several internet boards. I never received a response from Century. I have now found out they have black balled me for complaining about their shoddy business practices.

DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH CENTURY INTERNATIONAL ARMS!
    Crusty Cruffler of Fine Spanish Pistols - Eibar Rules!

LIKTOSHOOT
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (2/16/02 10:36:46 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Century International Arms
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    What the heck did they do to you Bob. Black balled how?

TallTLynn
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (2/16/02 11:36:44 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    Re: Century International Arms
    If I have it right, they've deleted his info out of their computer, made it virtually impossible for him to buy anything. Got rid of his C&R license copy they had, etc., etc.

Some businesses are really a-holes!

Zigzag2
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (2/16/02 1:04:12 pm)
    Now that's a Heads'-UP... Thanks Bob

Bob In St Louis
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (2/16/02 3:49:08 pm)
    TLynn is correct - and I do not know if it has gone any further than that. Rather than trying to rectify the situation, they decided "$h!t on him" and expunged my file. I do not know if they carried it further to their main distributors - I know SOG is still dealing with me. I tell you what, this company has not a single ounce of concern regarding keeping business with the small guys - they just want to turn the big distribution deals. Send the left over crap to the collectors.

What friggin worms!
    Crusty Cruffler of Fine Spanish Pistols - Eibar Rules!

Flhunter
    V.I.P. Forum Host
    (2/16/02 6:57:20 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    Bob, Since you brought up Century, I'll share my recent and very first experence with them...

Century just went from bad to worse in my book...

Called Century today to inform them that the P-38 that I paid $469 for on Jan. 31st just dropped in price by $30 on Feb. 1st to $439. Or in other words, the very next day. I asked if they could simply credit my credit card the amount. They would have nothing to do with it. I tried to explain that it is Fl. law to refund the amount an item goes on sale within 30 days of the sale(I'm sure similar laws are in effect for other states). Plus it's just plain and simple common courtesy. Still they would have nothing to do with it. I said, Ok no problem. I'll just return the item and then turn around and re-purchase the item. I was told then that I would be charged a 10% re-stocking fee(or $50). What is up with these people?? This was my first and now probably last item I will ever purchase from them all because of a $30 sales ad. Anyways, after the Century phone call I placed a call to my CC company and they will dispute the charge with Century and I have receive a full credit back to my account.

I am thankful that I paid with a CC and will always try to use one for future purchases.

The Curio and Relic Firearms Forum

AntiqueDr
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (2/16/02 7:08:20 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    I stopped by their display at the SHOT Show. They had some Cetme's on the wall that were obviously tweaked display pieces, but the rest of the stuff looked like flea market crap. So, being my typical pleasant self, I told them they looked like one of those booths in front of a Fiesta supermarket.

heheh
    We Buy Guns! 1 - 100, Antique or Modern!
    www.apaxenterprises.com

procrastinator
    V.I.P. Member
    (2/16/02 7:31:07 pm)
    Tactfully of course?
    The Curio and Relic Firearms Forum

SXSMAN
    V.I.P. Member
    (2/17/02 7:07:15 am)
    Who knew you couldn't trust the CIA?
    This is good info,thanks for the heads up.

polishshooter
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (2/17/02 9:40:57 pm)
    Crap, and I just placed another order with them....SORRY!

But if it's any consolation, it's stuff they can't POSSIBLY be making much money on...

Kinda like my "Walmart" boycott... I first vowed never to shop at them ever again after I first saw their dirty business practices and dishonest advertising...but then I figured you can hurt them MORE by only buying sale stuff, or low margin stuff they lowered the price on further to be the "cheapest in town" that they are selling below cost...
    We must make war as we must; not as we would like. - Field Marshal Kitchener, 1915