The Firearms Forum banner

"Cerflon", and other Lubricants...

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Bobitis 
#1 · (Edited)
Has anyone heard of this stuff (Cerflon "ingredient"), in any common firearms oils/lubricants, please?

I noticed it somewhere (in a product online) recently, and I recalled that it is in a couple of different types of "Liquid Wrench" products that I have (both of which mention being good as Gun/Firearms lubes), but here just today, I cracked-open a bottle of Mobil 1 (15W-50) that I've had sitting-around for years, and used it as the gun-oil for my Kel-Tec PF-9 pistol.

I am really beginning to wonder now, just "what" might be "best" (or at least "which" of all the different oils and lubes I have around here - which one would be the best of what I have).

As mentioned, I have the Mobil 1 (which otherwise might have never been used), I have the Liquid Wrench (2 types), I have PB BLASTER (which is THE BEST stuff I've ever seen on rust - though I have no rust on this - just over two month-old - pistol), though PB Blaster may be good to use on the old Winchester Model 12 that we have here, which has a few scratches, and I am sure, some microscopic rust.

Anybody know about this Cerflon? Anybody use Mobil 1, or any of the spray lubes I mentioned, or any other "unorthodox" (somewhat un-common) stuff?

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.