Change Latina to White in Sotomayor Speech

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by SaddleSarge, Jun 24, 2009.

1. SaddleSarge

SaddleSarge New Member

I know this is politically incorrect :rolleyes:, but can you imagine the outcry if this was the speech that this anti-2nd amendment racist really gave or anyone else:

2. bcj1755

bcj1755 New Member

Why, you change "Latina" to "White" and it's all of a sudden racist. Amazing how only white males can be racist anymore:rolleyes:
  3. ponycar17

ponycar17 Active Member

I used to think that racism was ingrained in the black kids when I was in middle and high school. I got along with everyone and rode the bus that went through the prodominately black neighborhood nearby. At one point I was the only white kid on the bus for a while. I never understood why when the black kids identified someone they always included the person's skin color in the description. They would say, "that white man wrote me up" or "that white girl broke in front of me in line." When it came to their own race, a correct and respectful description was always used to describe the person.... "Mr. Smith took my magazine in class" or "Mrs. Littlejohn called me to the office" or "Mr. Brooks gave me a pass to the bathroom". I asked once why they couldn't just call the person by their name, or even by another description other than the person's color. They couldn't give a good answer, and just explained that it wasn't racist. I think a lot of people lie to themselves about their racist tendencies, especially when they can be considered one of the protected minorities. :eek:
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2009
  4. bcj1755

bcj1755 New Member

Yeah, the "protected/persecuted minorites" can do no wrong. They commit a crime a get arrested for it and it's "racial profiling" and "racism in the courts." Ever since I heard that "benediction" given at Barry's "inauguration" I knew that white people just became the minority in this country.
  5. SaddleSarge

SaddleSarge New Member

There is nothing wrong with being proud of one's background and heritage. Mine goes back to England, but, "I'm" an American, not an "Englishman." (No offense Tranter.;) )

I don't understand why someone can't say, "I'm an American with..... "X" heritage." I remember some of my friends that were from Mexican families when growing up that the parents would become extremely irate when the kids would speak Spanish. The parents immigrated and became citizens in this country and the children, although born here, were to be "citizens" as well.

Some don't understand that by continually putting it out in front, they themselves continue to propitiate the concept of race/ethic issues. How refreshing was it to hear David Webb (click on the link to get a good laugh for those that haven't heard it) on the radio with the caller that called conservatives "red necked racists." You couldn't see David on the radio to know he is black. So what the heck does it matter?

Through all of this, it appears to me that we have lost our national heritage of being, "Americans" because other identities are more important to some. But to give it up loses the crutch and sympathy.

Edit: Hit submit too quick....

So anyway...case and point, to state that because she is "latina" and can have greater empathy for cases that come to the Supreme Court is ludicrous and a slap in the face to every legislator, law enforcement officer, citizen or anyone who has a legitimate case, works within, or believes in the system.

This concept can only mean that she can only rule on "latina" issues and would have to recuse herself on everything else. Other members of the court would have to recuse themselves if never the victim of a crime, if they are American Indian and a tribal issue presents itself, and on and on. Our laws don't say that homicide is acceptable if you were brought up in a particular ethnic background. Look at the honor killings of the islam culture now coming to the states. We don't accept that here, but, would a justice with an islamic background have greater empathy for a case of that nature vs the written law that homicide is against the law?
  6. bcj1755

bcj1755 New Member

Don't get me started about the "Hyphen-Americans!" Everyone wants to be a Hyphen-American instead of an AMERICAN! I'm predominately of Italian and German descent, but guess what...I'm an AMERICAN! Period. I'm not Italian enough to go to Italy or German enough to go to Germany. If someone thinks it's so bad here in the US that they want to be a Hyphen-American, then they can take their a**es to whatever place is in front of the hyphen. They all want to b**** and moan about how they're <insert country here>-American and how the rest of us have to respect their "cultural diversity" when their family has been in this country for 5 generations! One of the Hyphen-Americans goes to whatever country is in front of the hyphen, they get told that they are American, because they ARE!

Since Sotomayor thinks it's so bad for Puerto Ricans in the US, then why doesn't she go back to Puerto Rico? Oh wait, that's right...because Puerto Rico is PART OF THE US!!!! So let's see...how bad was it for her being Puerto Rican? She was born a US citizen. She could legally enter New York when her family moved there. She has had the same Constitutional rights from birth as I have. So she was raised poor. She's not poor now, is she? I wasn't raised poor, but I'm rather poor now. I think I got the short end of the stick. Maybe I should start crying discrimination. Oh wait, I'm a white male, so according to the liberals, I'm never discriminated against and according to them I'm the one doing the discriminating :rolleyes:

I want to be a Hyphen-American too. How about I start calling myself an Amero-American? I wonder how well THAT will go over?

The ONLY ones that get a pass on this are the Native Americans.
  7. 38 special

38 special New Member

THis whole race thing has been so over done over and over and over I mean for god sake GET SOME NEW MATERIAL. NOBODY gives a damn about your race story -its over - get it.Anyone who plays the race card I have 0 respect for.THe theme has been played on TV shows non stop for years to the point of being sickening. Everywhere people are tripping over themselves,steeping on their own feet,blabberering at the mouth and generally acting like self righteous fools almost insanely posssesed to show everyone they arent raaacist. THis is demented.
  8. glocknut

glocknut New Member

I have developed a method for making latinas a little more white...:D.... but not for that sotomayor chick.... :eek:

mike
    gn
  9. OBrien

OBrien New Member

It is amazing how quick that guy shut up. If you don't like what someone is saying all you have to do is call them a racist and you win. Guess it don't work when your saying that a black American is being racist against a black person.