The Firearms Forum banner

Changed Stock On My Savage MKII-FVT

4K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  hardluk1 
#1 ·
Wasn't overly happy with the synthetic stock this rifle came with some years back, and I've been wanting to change it to a laminated stock. I saw Numrich had a Savage MKII-LR (for the .17HM2) stock for $60.00, and figured that since the .17HM2 is a necked down .22lr, I could make this stock work, and it does with some dremel work. The stock is actually for the longer receiver, but it really doesn't make any difference. There's about a 3.50 inch long gap on each side of the barrel in front of this rifle's Receiver, but it doesn't effect anything, and I could laminate some wood in this area if I feel I need to. Also, I had to get two longer screws from DIP. I still need to install swivel studs for the sling and bipod, but other then getting a bit of decent weather to test this new setup, it's done. I feel this will give me a better platform when shooting this rifle in it's Aperture Sight & Scope configuration. I'm happy with it, and I saved some money by getting this stock and altering it. It's the stock configuration I was wanting.

See less See more
#2 ·
Big improvement Joe, looks good.

I have the same rifle but I filled the stock with duct seal, painted it and added a cheek riser to the stock. It's more solid and a lot heavier now.

#4 ·
I ordered a Boyd's stock about 6 years ago. A year later I called and cancelled my order.

Have you had better service than me? Hopefully.

#6 ·
It was regular stock, not custom. It wasn't "in stock" when I placed the order and was told it might be a few months until they ran that stock again. A year later I called (I forgot about it) and was told they would be ready to ship it in a few weeks. I waited three weeks and called back. They told me it would be a few weeks. I told them I no longer wanted it.

I'm sure my order wasn't the norm for them or they wouldn't still be in business.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.