1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Changing the verbage

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by armedandsafe, Mar 19, 2009.

1. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

One of the most common statements we make in fighting any proposed AWB is to combat the lie that semi-automatic firearms are "machine guns." We usually say "They fire one shot for each pull of the trigger" or something of that nature.

Perhaps it would be better emphasis to say "The trigger has to be pulled for each and every shot." Subtle? Perhaps. More effective? Only if your opponent is listening.

Just a thought.

Pops
  2. 4EvrLearning

4EvrLearning New Member

I think when people hear the same phrases over and over, they become numb to it and don't think it through. Changing it around makes them have to "think" again; process it. Sure worth a try!
  3. Haligan

Haligan Well-Known Member

There are some out their, that we are just not gonna be able to get through their thick skulls regardless of how we say it. I think we should concentrate on getting as many on our side as we can. En Mass. To spend time trying to reach the thick headed ones is only gonna waste our time and sap our strength. But like 4 evr said "worth a try"
  4. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

It is true that we can never turn some of them from the dark side (IOW, the light never turned on.) However, one doesn't know if you are talking to a thinker or stinker until you actually do talk (and listen) to that one.

Pops
  5. ponycar17

ponycar17 Active Member

I usually explain that the difference is somewhat like the difference in my wife's Camry and the 'Camry' used in NASCAR. If they don't understand that, say it slower.... "It..... ain't..... the..... same..... thing......" :D

Honestly though, people don't readily understand the difference unless they see both being fired.